Performing Arts Operations Assistant
Moonee Valley City Council
Location: Moonee Ponds
Job Type: Contract/temp
Performing Arts Operations Assistant
Reference number: 14430
Closing date: 11:45pm, Sunday 5 February 2023
- Temporary full-time (6 months)
- Salary between $71,395 - $76,781 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation (commensurate with experience)
- 38 hours per week
About Moonee Valley City Council
Moonee Valley City Council is a vibrant and diverse municipality. We are a local government within the north-west metropolitan area of Melbourne, providing a range of services to some 130,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses. Our 1,200 employees bring their differing backgrounds, experiences and unique perspectives to our collaborative environment, and are supported to share ideas, initiatives and talent, making a positive impact on our community for now and in the future.
We are seeking a motivated Performing Arts Assistant to join our events team at the Clocktower Centre. This role will support and work very closely with the Coordinator Performing Arts and Team Leader Venue Operations providing administration support to deliver an extensive live performing arts program at the venue.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate a high level of organisation, attention to detail and presence. This role will suit someone who enjoys working and a culture that thrives on teamwork.
- Work as part of the Performing Arts team to assist with the planning, development and delivery of programming and activations at the Clocktower Centre
- Assist the Venue Operations with Clients and Hirers of the Clocktower Centre, to ensure the smooth-running of the functions, events and performances
- Assist in a range of tasks and activities associated with Clocktower Centre events and initiatives as directed by the Coordinator Performing Arts
- Assist the Team Leader Venue Operations to co-ordinate a friendly, focused and flexible customer service-driven front of house team delivering the best possible professional standard of service and practice for events
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in the planning and delivery of events including programming, production, risk management, logistics, schedules and agreements.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to provide friendly, focused, flexible and welcoming customer service to a broad cross section of community, organisational and contracted stakeholders. Preferably in the performing arts and events industries.
- Excellent organisation skills including time management, with ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong administrative skills.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through our online system https://mooneevalley.mercury.com.au/ and should be in line with the Moonee Valley City Council Application Guide found at the bottom of the advertisement. Applications that do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible as resumes will be reviewed as they are submitted.
For further information, please view the Position Description or contact Marika Cominos, Coordinator Performing Arts on 0405 007 670 or email email@example.com.
In line with the directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer, Council positions require you to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are successful in our recruitment and selection process, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email H2@mvcc.vic.gov.au or call 9243 1122.