Senior Coordinator Libraries and Learning
Moonee Valley City Council
Location: Ascot Vale
Job Type: Full time
Senior Coordinator Libraries and Learning
Reference number: 14435
Closing date: 11:45pm, Wednesday 15 February 2023
- Permanent full-time
- Salary commencing at $117,683 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation (commensurate with experience)
- Provide leadership in all aspects of library services and lifelong learning opportunities across Moonee Valley
About Moonee Valley City Council
Moonee Valley City Council is a vibrant and diverse municipality. We are a local government within the north-west metropolitan area of Melbourne, providing a range of services to some 130,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses. Our 1,200 employees bring their differing backgrounds, experiences and unique perspectives to our collaborative environment, and are supported to share ideas, initiatives and talent, making a positive impact on our community for now and in the future.
Council have a full-time leadership opportunity to provide guidance and management in all aspects of library services. The successful candidate will, alongside the Manager of the department, be responsible for leading the ongoing development of library services and programs to assist Council to continue to build and strengthen its library resources.
- Undertake strategic planning for Moonee Valley Libraries in line with Council values and priorities, community needs and industry best practice
- Prepare financial and non-financial documentation for budgets each year
- Provide leadership across all library services and assist with ensuring the achievement of objectives and goals within timeframes of staff in the team
- Develop and monitor the Annual Service Plan for Libraries and Learning
- Ensure the smooth operation of all library service points, including the five library branches, outreach service points and mobile library van
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in information service management, eligible for ALIA professional membership, or other relevant tertiary qualifications with clearly transferable skills and extensive experience
- Extensive experience in the leadership and management of library and learning services including managing multiple facilities and a large body of staff
- Sound experience in developing and managing substantial operational and capital budgets, as well as annual service plans and performance indicators that result in outcomes that align with Council’s broader long-term plans and strategies
- The ability to work as part of a team, with highly developed interpersonal skills, facilitating results-driven work with internal and external stakeholders
- Project management skills with the proven ability to lead projects from conception through to implementation and evaluation
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through our online system https://mooneevalley.mercury.com.au/ and should be in line with the Moonee Valley City Council Application Guide found at the bottom of the advertisement. Applications that do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
For further information, please view the Position Description or contact Celia Rice, Manager Arts, Culture and Place on (03) 9243 1904.
In line with the directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer, Council positions require you to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are successful in our recruitment and selection process, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email H2@mvcc.vic.gov.au or call 9243 1122.