Assistant Cost Planner
Job Type: Full time
Multiplex is a premier construction company with a simple purpose: to construct a better future.
Established in Australia in 1962, Multiplex is known for shaping skylines and delivering iconic projects around the world. It has delivered more than 1,000 projects with a combined value in excess of US$90 billion.
Our business is built on people. People who share the mindset to outperform in everything we do. Combined with our inherent values (We keep it real, We care about people, We are collaborative and We have grit), it is the foundation of our Multiplex culture and enables us to fulfil our purpose.
Building our Talent
We are currently seeking Assistant Cost Planners to join our Sydney based New Business team on a full-time permanent basis.
Our Assistant Cost Planner program has set a new benchmark in the training and mentoring of Cost Planners and Estimators. Our goal is to build our talent, empower our people to outperform, to be impactful thinkers, and to form rewarding partnerships both within the business and beyond.
Led by experienced and innovative Cost Planners, the program features a comprehensive development programme with on-the-job training in all relevant competencies, structured learning curriculum designed to build technical and behavioural skills, formal training in systems, leadership development workshops and mentoring. Each successful individual has a tailored plan around their experience and development.
Since its inception, graduates from the program have progressed in their careers to become qualified Multiplex Cost Planners, and as a result of this new participants in the program are always needed to add to our growing team. As a member of the cost planning team you will work closely with the broader new business department responsible for securing a range of new, iconic and industry leading construction project opportunities for the business.
Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation tasks and activities to support feasibilities, Tendering, cost plans, and change control for construction projects.
With the support of the Cost Planners and Senior Cost Planners:
- Assisting the cost planning team and tender specific bid teams with content creation.
- Measurement and analysis of 2D and BIM quantification.
- Aligning project designs and site-specific characteristics into cost activities to generate trade package budgets.
- Compiling relevant benchmark data using historical information for cost validation purposes.
- Assessing value engineering and other Multiplex initiatives to add project viability.
- Engaging with supply chain partners, design consultants and Industry Professionals.
- Coordinating and liaison with the wider New Business team and adjacent peers.
- Initial information management responsible for coordinating documentation issue to each bid team member including construction managers, project planners and bid document controllers.
- Creating quantitative innovation to encourage evolution and growth of the Team in order to maintain first-class standards.
Key Skillset Required:
- Completing, or have recently completed tertiary qualifications relevant to the built environment (Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Construction Management, Building Economics, Engineering, etc.).
- Solid analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Application of knowledge, experience, and imagination to look beyond the documentation and generate new insights and content.
- Aptitude for commitment, enthusiasm, and ownership of responsibilities whilst maintaining an openness to accept support and advice from peers.
- Excellent level of verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- With support, have the ability and confidence to reinforce and promote the profile of the Company to external parties.
Why join Multiplex
Our people are supported to outperform in everything they do with a range of holistic benefits including:
- Professional career development opportunities, and a wealth of learning offerings through the Multiplex Learning Academy
- Bonus schemes; annual remuneration reviews; and gender equity reviews
- Salary continuance insurance
- Leave and benefits to support parents, including 18 weeks paid parental leave regardless of gender; payment of superannuation during leave; and coaching
- Health and Wellbeing programs including EAP & mental health support; group fitness; and various health checks
Multiplex is committed to a diverse, inclusive and respectful workforce and we strongly encourage applications from people of all genders, cultures and walks of life. We have an industry recognised approach to flexible work which we are constantly evolving. With external recognitions including Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Pay Equity Ambassador, Family Inclusive Workplace Certification and Work 180 partnership, we have a strong focus on families, inclusivity and gender equality.
Please note: this role is being sourced through Multiplex directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.