Job Type: Full time
- Recognised as a top #3 employer on the 2022 LinkedIn Top Companies list to grow your career.
- Be supported to grow your career at NAB
- Make a genuine difference through the work you do
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as a Analyst Engineer.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an Analyst Engineer who will be responsible for delivering solutions that help turn the vision and roadmap of the team into reality. Including designing, developing, and maintaining software applications. Success is defined by timely, efficient delivery of quality solutions to our customer’s needs in the Technology Asset Servicing domain, whilst continuing a learning and growth pathway with the team.
You will join us in the Instalments sub-domain of Personal Everyday Banking. The team provides our Colleagues and Customers with simple digital experiences across various products and customer journeys including NAB Now Pay Later.
- Develop solutions and specifications so that agreed requirements can be converted into functional systems.
- Work with Business Analysts to analyse business processes, procedures, and user requirements to establish system requirements.
- Participate in system design including production of system and program documentation as well as ongoing maintenance
- Develop, program and code technology applications software solutions to meet agreed specifications. Improve, enhance, and correct systems as necessary.
- Achieve key Systems Development Life Cycle stages in terms of quantity, timing, and quality of all aspects of work allocated.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with required standards, methods, and procedures.
Key Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years in application development and/or support roles.
- Software delivery technical skills like CI/CD, automated deployments, automated testing, software development using programming languages like Java/Spring Boot, Node.JS, react, react native, GraphQL, NUIT and Python.
- Developed skills and knowledge of one of the major relational database packages such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL.
- Working knowledge and experience with any Cloud Provider is an additional advantage.
- Good skills in personal work organization and time management.
Just as important as all the above technical skills is your willingness to arrive every day with an open mind and passionate outlook, your ability to have fun, step outside of your comfort zone and be part of NAB’s journey to become a top-notch engineering organisation.
Make a difference through your work
At NAB, we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that exceed our customers’ expectations. We’re an ASX listed organisation that has been serving Australian communities for more than 160 years. We’re investing in positive change and our work changes the future of banking. Our colleagues have an impact far beyond work, and you’ll be part of a team that is helping to solve some of society’s biggest challenges.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We’re committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.