Senior Consultant Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- Recognised as a top #3 employer on the 2022 LinkedIn Top Companies list to grow your career.
- Be supported to grow your career at NAB
- Make a genuine difference through the work you do
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as a Senior Consultant Engineer.
About the team:
You will join us in the Instalments sub-domain of Personal Everyday Banking. The team provides our Colleagues and Customers with simple digital experiences across various products and customer journeys including NAB Now Pay Later.
About the Role:
As a Senior Consultant Engineer, you will provide expert advice, knowledge and specialist skills working across Development of production systems and deployment to production and non-production environments in cloud environment (AWS). You will be focused on assisting with creating better production systems by defining engineering approaches that deliver best practice and you’ll innovate with new and existing tools, processes, practices and industrialize them into a regular delivery cycle agnostic of delivery methodology.
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) on application operations, downstream integrations, and maintenance needs
- Be the champion to understand and implement Enterprise Frameworks and patterns
- Define and implement deployment strategies for Microservices (Java based: Spring Boot, Node.JS) and miniapps (React based: React, React Native, GraphQL, NUIT) being developed by the team
- Provide leadership support to the team and resource management and rostering
- Manage and direct security vulnerabilities and Remediation activities
- Manage and report on Disaster Recovery, Backup & Restore Testing Processes
- Implement strategies to progressively reduce functional and non-functional defects within the production environments through use of production monitoring tools
- Undertake POCs, Discovery and R&D to improve the Service through Technology or ways of working
- Implement strategies to progressively reduce functional and non-functional defects within the production environments through use of monitoring tools
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in successfully delivering several major business solutions into production/implementation using Agile scrum methodology and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, researching, evaluating, and recommending new and emerging technologies
- Expert skills and considerable experience in one or more of the major programming languages like Java, C++ and in the evaluation of infrastructure and software options
- Experience writing Infrastructure as Code using services/tools like AWS CloudFormation/Terraform/Ansible
- Working experience with one or more scripting languages like Python
- Certification in Cloud Services (AWS Preferred)
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. AppDynamics, Splunk) and automated testing frameworks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Relevant tertiary qualification in a related discipline
We don’t just look for someone who has all the skills and expertise mentioned above, we value and support eagerness to grow and learn while working on the job. What we often look for:
- Collaborative, creative, open to learning, a strong communicator
- A passion for making a difference
- Can work independently but also strong a team player
- Focused on high quality deliverables within defined timelines
- Eager to present new ideas to peers & senior management
Make a difference through your work
At NAB, we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that exceed our customers’ expectations. We’re an ASX listed organisation that has been serving Australian communities for more than 160 years. We’re investing in positive change and our work changes the future of banking. Our colleagues have an impact far beyond work, and you’ll be part of a team that is helping to solve some of society’s biggest challenges.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We’re committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.