Senior Consultant Solution Design
Job Type: Full time
- Recognised as a top #3 employer on the 2022 LinkedIn Top Companies list to grow your career.
- Be supported to grow your career at NAB
- Make a genuine difference through the work you do
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as a Senior Consultant Solution Design
About the team:
You will join us in the Instalments sub-domain of Personal Everyday Banking. The team provides our Colleagues and Customers with simple digital experiences across various products and customer journeys including NAB Now Pay Later.
About the Role:
Solutions Designers ensure that throughout the project lifecycle, the solution is aligned with the National Enterprise Architecture, and act as a bridge between the Development team and the Architects for all designs. The overall focus of Solution Design is Technology and Architecture.
Manage a functional area or a collection of related activities to achieve identified objectives. If you’re working in this group, then you would be expected to provide advice for a variety of diverse tasks or problems based on the application of judgment in your area of expertise/responsibility.
- Develop high-level design, functional design, and detailed system design across a range of projects and the various technologies, in line with business requirements
- Be the champion to understand and implement Enterprise Frameworks and patterns
- Define engineering standards for Microservices (Java based: Spring Boot, Node.JS) and miniapps (React based: React, React Native, GraphQL, NUIT) being developed by the team
- Provide specialist advice to the business regarding issues in the application to enhance business performance
- Collaborate with colleagues in other Technology Units and regions to ensure global design and development meets the Group's Technology global re-use objectives
- Ensure that developed or modified application components align with the business and application architecture and meet application performance goals
- Identify and resolve cross-capability, cross-release issues that impact the architecture integrity
- Undertake problem diagnosis and design production fixes and minor enhancements
Key Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience with microservices and Cloud technology
- 5+ years of analysis and design experience on complex projects
- Experience across the software development lifecycle, including high-level estimation and business case development
- Systems integration experience in complex legacy environments including mainframe transaction processing, web delivery, message integration and data warehousing components
- Experience for developing Enterprise Architecture guidelines and standards
- Design and Development experience on more than one platform
- Exposure to multiple development methodologies, especially Agile methodology
- Exposure to the Banking industry
We don’t just look for someone who has all the skills and expertise mentioned above, we value and support eagerness to grow and learn while working on the job. What we often look for:
- Collaborative, creative, open to learning, a strong communicator
- A passion for making a difference
- Can work independently but also strong a team player
- Focused on high quality deliverables within defined timelines
- Eager to present new ideas to peers & senior management
Make a difference through your work
At NAB, we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that exceed our customers’ expectations. We’re an ASX listed organisation that has been serving Australian communities for more than 160 years. We’re investing in positive change and our work changes the future of banking. Our colleagues have an impact far beyond work, and you’ll be part of a team that is helping to solve some of society’s biggest challenges.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We’re committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.