Domain Delivery Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as Domain Delivery Coordinator!
The Domain Delivery Coordinator role will support the aligned delivery of the Domain Orchestration (DO) program by assisting members of the DO Leadership team with the delivery of the DO plan and related services.
You will support planning and delivery of DO events and immersions including learning experiences, design experiences, operating model meetings, and capability meetings to name but a few.
Your proactive coordination will also include supporting the Leadership on managing our team cadence, and to maintain the DO workforce (employees and contractors) requirements for onboarding, offboarding and other people related movements.
The role will suit a colleague who loves learning and problem solving, is able to take initiative and produce results, can collaborate effectively within a team environment, and can develop warm stakeholder relationships including with senior management.
- Support the implementation of the DO strategy & plan by supporting the leadership team with implementation. This could include but is not limited to: managing invite lists and invitations for events and experiences; preparing materials for meetings and events; set up of virtual and in-person meetings and experiences; collating and managing agendas; collaborating with other business and enabling units across the bank and externally.
- Maintain email distribution lists, ensuring timely updates of new joiners and departures.
- Proactive utilisation of NABs Colleague systems and processes (SAP, People Hub, Colleague Connect, Sourcing) to maintain DO workforce system requirements.
- Work with the leadership team on the development and delivery of key people activities for their teams including team activities, development days and offsites.
- Act as a conduit across DO to enable the leadership team to efficiently and effectively deliver their responsibilities, including cyclical activities such as end of year process, quarterly reviews, Heartbeat, Risk reviews, audits, financial and budget reviews.
- Identify process improvements and leverage data and insights to communicate these.
- Collect and monitor data, analytics and reporting for specific initiatives (this could include Heartbeat, Domain Hub etc).
- Champion the DO program and drive colleague advocacy through effective communication with our colleagues and stakeholders across the bank.
What you will bring
- Demonstrated 3 plus years’ experience in either an administrative, coordinator, project/event support and/or similar related field
- Experience with digital collaboration and exposure to agile ways of working a bonus, but this can be taught on the job
- Ability to prepare reports, presentations and provide business packs
- Ability to interact, influence and work with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to manage high volume workflow and prioritise effectively
- Sound problem solving, written and communication skills
Applications will close Friday 30th September 2022
Make a difference through your work
At NAB, we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that exceed our customers’ expectations. We’re an ASX listed organisation that has been serving Australian communities for more than 160 years. We’re investing in positive change and our work changes the future of banking. Our colleagues have an impact far beyond work, and you’ll be part of a team that is helping to solve some of society’s biggest challenges.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.