Principal Security Consultant
Job Type: Full time
Principal Security Consultant
- We grow great leaders who inspire and energise their teams
- Make a real difference for our customers and communities
- Bring your ideas, ambitions, and passions both in and outside of work
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as a Principal Security Consultant.
Lead, manage and coordinate strategic security architectural concerns across a range of different business domains. Build and run teams of security architects aligned to the different domains.
The role and Day to day will include:
- Develop & Maintain a high-level holistic version of domain architecture strategy and multiyear roadmap/ target state.
- Lead a team of architects.
- Develop and Maintain domain specific capability frameworks/ feature functions/ business taxonomy reference architecture.
- Develop business outcome architecture and ability to lead and maintain backlog of business outcomes portfolio view of the business domain.
- Support the development of security requirements for BU/Domains and ensure security outcomes are prioritised.
- Represent an enterprise-wide perspective on re-use and optimisation of security choices.
- Proactively look for opportunities to decommission legacy technologies or to otherwise simplify our technology landscape and operating model.
- Collaborate with cross domain business / tech/ arch stakeholders to navigate trade-offs between achieving business value versus adhering to architectural guard-rails and our risk and regulatory obligations.
- Influence tech debt reduction and legacy decom to reduce security impacts and elevated business threats.
- Understand and communicate strategic themes and other key business drivers for security to various stakeholders.
- Drive security architectural decisions via governance forums.
- Participate in Progressive Elaboration /planning days and understand the businesses future business needs and proactively shape security investment.
- Ensure security patterns are utilised consistently and deviations are minimised.
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years experience in the Technology industry.
- 5+ years Security Architecture experience with developing or running agile practices in large organisations with regulatory and legacy constraints.
- 3+ years risk management experience.
- Architecture or technology related certifications / cloud will be an advantage.
- Strong business acumen and engagement skills to influence business strategy to help shape, triage, prioritise business outcomes and develop roadmaps for the business unit/ domains.
- Ability to lead and maintain backlog of business outcomes portfolio view of the business domain.
- Experience in working in a scaled agile structure to help coordinate work to a persistent team of solution architects.
- Proven experience strong business engagement , influencing skills with the ability to navigate complex topics with fact based analysis.
- Understand the trade-offs involved in technology change while simultaneously delivering business benefit. Requires commercial acumen, business alignment and ability to negotiate.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we are intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It is a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We are committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.