Job Type: Full time
- You can define your own career path
- Make a genuine difference through your work
- Bring your ideas, ambitions, and passions – both in and outside of work
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
You make NAB. You get it done for our customers and our communities. You’re laying the foundations for NAB’s future success. Together we’ll grow, excel for our customers, and make this a workplace to be proud of.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as a Scrum Master.
The role of the Scrum Master will provide the Scrum team with the backlog health checks and continual Sprint Hygiene to help the team deliver at an exceptional rate.
You will work as part of the NAB, supporting and optimising the delivery methods for all assets within the portfolio. Collaborating with business and technology stakeholders across Markets, Risk & Finance. You will assist the Service Owner in the delivery of operational and change capability across a portfolio of technology-based services.
The Scrum Master is a coach and leads squads to deliver outcomes through the Agile way of working. This role instils the agreed-to Agile process, helps remove impediments to progress, and fosters an environment of high performance, continuous flow, and relentless improvement.
What will you be responsible for?
- Coaching, supporting and mentoring scrum framework practices and Agile principles to the teams, Product owner and the organisation
- Lead and facilitate Scrum events using Agile practices, tools and processes and create consistency of delivery practices across the teams
- Be the driving force and guide teams to be self-organised, promote a collaborative team environment that foster creativity, innovation, continuous improvement and celebrate successes
- Gather, analyse, and present data to business stakeholders in a way that demonstrates how the team is improving and growing
- Collaborate with Product Owners to maximise productivity and to ensure effective backlog management
- Manage and build strong, trusted relationships with Engineers and Product Owners to track status of implementation and improve requirements and vision
- Maintain sprint flow by minimising external disturbances, manage risks or impediments and remove blockers and hurdles
What you will bring
- Strong delivery experience across Agile and adaptive delivery models and ideally with a data or reporting background
- Understanding of the Core / Business Banking
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Game, Progressive Elaboration
- Proven experience leading and coaching teams using Agile and adaptive delivery models to achieve successful outcomes
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills to negotiate with both technology, business units and partners/vendors
- Understanding of UI Technologies and Developer Tools
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.