Job Type: Full time
- Brilliant opportunity to kick-start your career in Credit Risk
- Play a crucial role in customer experience at NAB
- Fast-paced role with opportunities for growth
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as an Analyst Unsecured Credit.
Reporting to the Manager, Unsecured Credit, the purpose of this role is to assist the Unsecured Credit team in optimising the customer credit experience, strengthening NAB’s responsible lending position and enhancing the profitability of the Unsecured portfolios.
You will contribute to the team by performing data analysis and interpreting key metrics of the Unsecured portfolios (Credit Cards and Personal Loans). By doing so, you will deliver valuable insights to the business whilst helping to enable an environment that will improve the customer credit experience, ultimately leading to faster and clearer credit decisions.
Day to day you will:
- Monitoring of the Credit Cards and Personal Loans portfolio to understand the application volumes, approvals, and delinquency rates
- Optimising the profitability of the portfolio within risk tolerances by implementing automated strategies that approve or decline applications
- Writing post-implementation review documents to analyse impacts of strategy changes
- Analyse customer data, create recommendations, and present findings to stakeholders
What you will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications, ideally in a financial, business, mathematical, or science related discipline
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to break down complex problems, solve and present back to stakeholders confidently and concisely
- Ability to prioritise competing tasks and be resourceful in finding information and meeting deadlines
The ability to code in languages such as MATLAB, SQL, SAS, VBA is not required but is preferred. Some data analysis experience is also preferred.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We are committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities. For more information, please click here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.