Advisor, Asset Servicing
Job Type: Full time
- Build your knowledge of financial instruments and markets with exposure to the Funds Management and Superannuation industry within Investment Structure & Valuation (ISV).
- Propel your career long term in the Finance industry
- Multiple Permanent opportunities- Entry level
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
You make NAB. You get it done for our customers and our communities. You’re laying the foundations for NAB’s future success. Together we’ll grow, excel for our customers, and make this a workplace to be proud of.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as an Advisor Investment Admin.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team in NAB Asset Servicing. The business provides master and sub-custody services, investment administration, financial and regulatory reporting to institutional clients such as investment managers, government agencies, retail and industry superannuation funds and insurance companies.
Investment Structure & Valuation (ISV) is the primary market data provider of valuation and security master information. Assets include the full spectrum of investments; fixed income, equity, managed funds, FX, exchange traded and over-the-counter derivatives. The team provides analysis, data support and subject matter expertise for clients and business units within NAB Asset Servicing. It is a fast-paced work environment with a strong focus on data accuracy, efficiency and innovation. You should be open to flexible working hours including evenings, weekends, public holidays and occasional over-time.
- Setting up new assets in multiple enterprise platforms for numerous unique investment types
- Undertaking comparison of vendor, traded and accounting system valuations for both listed securities and OTC instruments including vanilla/exotic options, forwards, FX and swaps
- Accurately updating valuations for unlisted and alternative investments such as managed funds, infrastructure, hedge funds and SPVs
- Maintaining working relationships with internal Asset Servicing teams, investment managers, data vendors, brokers/dealers, and other financial market participants
- Investment data analysis, validation and providing subject matter expertise to clients, internal business units and reporting teams
- Developing end-user acceptance testing support for enterprise system and IT infrastructure updates and upgrades
An ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification
- Interest in financial markets and instruments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Career-driven and conscientious
- Team oriented and interpersonal skill
- Ability to handle a high stress and fast-paced work environment
- Interest in pursuing a CFA qualification is highly regarded
While a background in Finance is favourable, we have had outstanding analysts build their financial market and product knowledge on the job from a variety of non-Commerce disciplines. The most important quality is to have a curious mind, be willing to learn and think critically. Software skills in excel, VBA, SQL, Python and other coding languages have also proven advantageous but is not a must.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we are intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It is a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We are committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities. For more information, please click here
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.