Associate Director, Strategic Sales (IRRM)
Location: Macquarie Park
Job Type: Full time
- Immediate opportunity available in our Sydney Dealing room for an Interest Rate risk management solutions leader
- Work with complex and high value customers across NSW
- Utilise your AFMA accreditation
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as Associate Director, Interest Rate Risk Management (IRRM) Strategic Sales.
The Strategic desk is part of the Corporate Sales team within NAB Financial Markets group, and forms part of Corporate & Institutional Banking. We specialise in providing risk management solutions to businesses and individuals and offer a range of interest rate, foreign exchange and commodity products that are tailored to meet a client's specific requirements.
Our Strategic IRRM Desk is seeking a seasoned financial markets professional with 5+ years’ experience in providing Interest Rate risk management solutions to Business and Specialised customers using a variety of financial markets tools. Based in the Sydney Dealing room the role will work with complex and high value customers across NSW. Working in a dynamic and high performing team, you will be responsible for identifying new opportunities, building relationships and working with clients to manage their Interest Rate risk.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with high value Metropolitan and Regional & Agribusiness customers to manage their Interest Rate risks
- Promote growth of client franchise through innovative and effective marketing methods and deliver solutions to new and existing customers that maximise customer satisfaction and idea generation
- Ensure key stakeholders are aware of our Interest Rate capability, research, platform and offering
- Assisting customers & bankers to execute IRRM transactions, both stand alone and embedded derivatives
- Build on existing IRRM relationships, by developing a deep understanding of a client’s business model & IRRM risks
- Have an in-depth knowledge of products, focused on value to the customer through sales and service, timely and competitive pricing
- Mentor and assist with the development of junior members of the team
- Assisting with the development and execution of national business initiatives
- Have a strong risk focus
What you'll bring:
As the successful applicant you’ll be a sales oriented self-starter with at least 5+ years’ experience in providing risk management solutions - particularly around Interest Rate products, however wider financial markets sales experience will be well regarded. You’ll bring exceptional communication skills, and a proven ability to interact with customers as well as key stakeholders across the organisation. Tertiary qualifications should include a business-related degree and AFMA accreditation. Recognition on the Financial Advisor Register (FAR) is desirable but not essential.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone:
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and we also provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations that you’re passionate about.
More focus on you:
We’re committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
Please note candidate screening methodologies and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.