Senior Business Analyst - NAB Hive
Job Type: Full time
- Outstanding opportunity to build and progress your career in a newly formed domain
- NAB Hive | our own FinTech business with a fantastic culture and endless career opportunity
- New offices set up for collaboration and innovation
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
NAB Hive is the newly formed sub domain within NAB’s Merchant Services business. At NAB Hive we are committed to transforming how we service merchants by ‘challenging today’, ‘unleashing brilliance’ and ‘delivering together’ . We are on the lookout for more ‘rockstars’ to join the Hive and help us build and deliver a new cloud-based payments portal that will truly differentiate our offering from our competition. NAB Hive brings together the might of Australia’s biggest business bank with the speed and agility of a fintech. We have an aspirational and supportive culture, with the following 5 homegrown cultural pillars:
- Be Proud and Real
- Trust Each Other
- Create Simple and Seamless
- Push Boundaries
- Be Customer Obsessed
About the role – we should highlight this:
In this role, you will act as the primary liaison between business stakeholders, such as customer support, legal, risk and the Business Product Owner for one of our four programs. Working within the business, you will form part of a specialist team where you will conduct stakeholder interviews and run workshops to understand the current and target state. You will elicit, analyse, and document business requirements aligned to specific business outcomes. You will come together as a team to refine the backlog through prioritisation, estimation and decision making to maximise the value being delivered by ensuring all features and stories are aligned to business value
Whilst the role requires you to support the technology team in understanding the requirements, so they can deliver on their commitments you will also be developing requirements for non-technology solution components e.g., Business operating models, and business process solutions, that support the new technology.
- Be responsible for creating requirements as features, epics & stories
- Defining your own work tasks including dependencies in collaboration with the squads
- Perform appropriate business analysis) to clearly articulate business needs and solution requirements.
- Develop as is and to be process models, data models, business rules, target operating models, workflows, reporting and other required outputs
- Supports the Product Owner to define the business value and required outcomes.
- Participate in and lead workshops
- Analyse the impact of proposed solutions holistically to support the change manager with Business Impact Assessments.
What you will bring:
You will bring yourself! You know how an awesome Senior Business Analyst operates – so tell us what you can bring to this role! You are a natural when it comes to strong collaboration, customer focus and decision quality. Your deep expertise in analysis and delivery within complex environments and along with in-depth understanding of processes and systems mapping. You look for ways to innovate with every opportunity you get and apply your extensive experience working within an agile environment. Can you show us how to do things better? We want your expertise. Additionally, you can showcase:
- Previous experience as a Senior Business Analyst
- Experience with customer journey mapping
- Creativity and simplifying complex processes and issues, problem solving and analysis
- Ability to communicate a vision to key stakeholders and teams and working with product owners to develop requirements which can be shaped into a backlog of key features, epics stories and goals for individual sprints.
- Proven analytical skills and evidence-based decision making
- Understanding working within the Technology landscape and working closely with Vendors to achieve project milestones.
Does this sound like the role for you?
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We’re committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities. For more information, please click here!
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. So get your application in!