Finance Partner Direct Operations
Job Type: Full time
- Be a member of the Finance Partner team supporting Personal Banking Finance
- Use your expertise to drive positive outcomes for NAB and keep the bank safe
- Bring your ideas, ambitions, and passions both in and outside of work
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as a Finance Partner with our Personal Banking Finance team.
The purpose of the role is to provide commercial financial leadership, guidance and support to the business including financial planning, financial control, forecasting, reporting, analysis, and advisory services.
You will play a critical role within the Personal Banking Finance team, driving financial insight and analysis based on a deep understanding of lending assessment operations and specialist teams of financial crime, remediation, capability, and transformation. This role is a member of the Lending Assessment & Enablement Executive Leadership Team.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Supporting the translation of the strategy of the business unit into functionally effective financial plan. Provide the overall direction via Executive LT membership to ensure development and delivery of objectives and initiatives within the strategic parameters.
- Supporting the BU/EU Executives in partnership with the Executive Finance/CFO, to grow the business, align with our strategic ambition and ensure transformation / simplification benefits are achieved in a sustainable and coordinated manner, including being a key stakeholder between business, workforce planning, domain and/or procurement to enable and manage outcomes.
- Delivering monthly reporting, understand the performance drivers, and provide key reasons for variance from plan and prior reporting periods.
- Identifying financial and non-financial performance trends through critical review and analysis and develop and recommend strategies to improve business performance.
- Collaborating to ensure simplification by ensuring all standard reporting and financial control activities are delivered in a one-way same way approach across Finance.
- Constructively challenging management’s proposals and decisions in relation to the performance of the relevant Business Unit, providing advice to the BU leadership teams on critical decisions and trade-offs.
- Coaching and development of a Senior Associate to deliver above for the business and grow commercial acumen, risk and control management and simplification capability of PB Finance team.
Your Capabilities, Experience & Qualifications will include:
- Experience across a range of Finance disciplines including partnering with
- divisions, corporate centre planning and reporting and financial control roles.
- Experience across roles ancillary to Finance that have leveraged performance, analytics, and strategic capability across an operations workforce.
- Strong process improvement capability in both identification and successful implementation of process re-engineering initiatives.
- Capability to work in a fast-paced, at times ambiguous and complex environment.
- Strong stakeholder management skills where you can constructively challenge management’s proposals and decisions in relation to the performance of the relevant Business Unit.
- Tertiary qualification in accounting/business/finance, CA/CPA preferable.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, preferred.
- Advocate and drive change whilst maintaining effective controls and governance.
By joining NAB, you are committing to putting our customers’ needs first every time. You will be ambitious for growth; always curious and learning from colleagues. You will speak honestly, always valuing the time and opinion of others. You will own your work, doing what’s right, even when it’s hard.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We’re committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.