Senior Associate, Divisional Controls
Location: Macquarie Park
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
As a Senior Associate in the Division Controls team you will be responsible for supporting ubank as a Line 1 risk advisor. You will work closely with operational teams to drive risk management initiatives forward. This role will also assist management to develop adequate systems and controls to identify, assess, quantify and manage the risks within different business units.
Reporting to the Manager in Division Controls, you will uplift business risk and compliance management capabilities, uphold good practices as well as promote and drive strong risk and complaint management culture.
What you'll be doing
This role will be responsible for working proactively in the Line 1 Risk team supporting the UBank business in its execution of risk management accountabilities. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Understanding, documenting and uplifting core risk management capabilities, including the risk profile, controls, reporting and governance
- Reviewing, uplifting and implementing core risk management processes, including events/incidents, findings/issues, treatments/actions.
- Implementation of the GRC risk system to be fit for purpose in an agile bank
- Supporting the business in executing change safely, by understanding and assessing delivered risk
- Providing business specific input and context to support other assurance functions across the Group
- Increases Line 1 risk management profile and practices across UBank through improved communications
- Provide transparent and comprehensive reporting for risk management activities and regulatory commitments.
- Work collaboratively across teams and lines of defence to drive business objectives
What you'll bring
- Experienced in operational risk management
- Strong knowledge of risk management and compliance disciplines
- Strong communicator and stakeholder management
- Practical approach to solving issues with strong commercial acumen
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Business, finance, project or general management tertiary qualification preferred
What we can offer
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. You can learn more about these at http://www.nab.com.au/about-us/careers/working-at-nab/benefits
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangement to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we service.
Have a chat to us about how our support of workplace flexibility can work for you.
NAB, invested in you
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.