Head of AML/CTF Fraud Risk Steward (Business & Private Banking)
Location: Docklands, Macquarie Park
Job Type: Full time
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
You make NAB. You get it done for our customers and our communities. You’re laying the foundations for NAB’s future success. Together we’ll grow, excel for our customers, and make this a workplace to be proud of.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as a Head of AML/CTF and Fraud Risk Steward (Business & Private Banking). This role can be based in either Melbourne or Sydney.
This role is responsible for supporting the Executive and Group MLRO deliver risk stewardship, to support the NAB Group manage and mitigate its AML/CTF and Fraud risks.
Day to day will include :
- Advise and challenge Business and Private Bank on all aspects of AML/CTF and Fraud matters.
- Responsible for advising and guiding in setting risk appetite (cascaded by the group), and for ensuring action plans are in place where outside of risk appetite or risk tolerance.
- Monitor risk appetite settings and tolerances.
- Providing policy guidance, definition and interpretation assistance, and performing oversight activities.
- Provide an assessment of risks in business initiatives and projects.
- Check and challenge the effective implementation of obligations and controls of the Business Units/Enabling Units to have met the Policy, Program and/or related Standards.
- Leadership responsibilities for two direct reports
What you’ll bring:
- Significant experience working at the Head Of level and with Executives within a corporate environment
- Professional experience in compliance, risk management, preferably within financial services. Prior experience in financial crime highly valued.
- Possess a high degree of business acumen to enable credibility when working with the business
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, strong influencing and negotiating abilities, strong emotional intelligence and be highly self-motivated.
- Along with expert financial analysis, interpretation and problem resolution skills, you'll possess a sound knowledge of dealing with change in large complex organisations
Make a difference through your work
At NAB, we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that exceed our customers’ expectations. We’re an ASX listed organisation that has been serving Australian communities for more than 160 years. We’re investing in positive change and our work changes the future of banking. Our colleagues have an impact far beyond work, and you’ll be part of a team that is helping to solve some of society’s biggest challenges.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.