Senior Service Reliability Engineer
Job Type: Full time
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
You make NAB. You get it done for our customers and our communities. You’re laying the foundations for NAB’s future success. Together we’ll grow, excel for our customers, and make this a workplace to be proud of.
API Platforms is looking for a Senior Analyst Engineer to join our successful and progressive SRE team and run our API Gateways platform in both AWS and Azure that provide mission critical services to a wide range of front channels in the organisation.
The role and Day to day will include :
- Support critical production services via the incident response process
- Join the on-call roster to provide out of hours technical support
- Drive releases by following change management processes, running deployment and monitoring system health
- Resolve incidents and customer support requests in line with agreed SLAs
- Execute the development, testing, deployment, and refinement of system improvements in line with service and project priorities
- Guide the junior SRE to uplift their skills and knowledge
- Champion an “everything as code” mindset and corresponding cultural transformation
What you will bring:
- Contribute to the availability, performance monitoring, efficiency and features of cloud services, CI/CD, and automation
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong commitment to quality, detail, and auditability
- Role model engineering best practices to contribute to a positive team culture
- Contribute to a high performing team that adapts to change and meets the committed timelines
- Experience with AWS particularly EC2, ECS, ALB, VPC and CloudFormation
- Experience with environment monitoring and dashboarding using tools such as Splunk and CloudWatch
Just as important as all the above technical skills and experience is your willingness to login every day with an open mind and passionate outlook, your ability to have fun, step outside of your comfort zone and be part of NAB’s journey to become a fantastic engineering organisation. You will be ambitious for growth; always curious and learning from colleagues. You will speak honestly, always valuing the time and opinion of others. You will own your work, doing what’s right, even when it’s hard.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We are committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities. To learn more, visit the Benefits of Working at NAB page on our website.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.