Private Client Director
Job Type: Full time
- Be a part of delivering on our new exciting strategic direction for NAB Private
- Utilise your expertise as a multi-discipline banking professional
- Exciting role, encompassing the broker strategy for Private
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
You make NAB. You get it done for our customers and our communities. You’re laying the foundations for NAB’s future success. Together we’ll grow, excel for our customers, and make this a workplace to be proud of.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as a Private Client Director
As a Private Client Director you will provide the highest quality end-to-end banking, investment & portfolio management services. Fundamental to this role is building excellent relationships by understanding servicing and growing customer needs. Client satisfaction is paramount leading to consistent advocacy for our services. Confidentiality is to be respected at all times. The role requires an absolute passion and genuine interest in assisting and being relevant in the lives of our clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage a portfolio of High Net Worth clients
- Identify new business and referral opportunities and establish, develop and utilise networks of internal and external contacts
- Assess economic value and risk potential of new business
- Use experience and knowledge to help clients preserve and grow their wealth (e.g. CRE, JBWere)
- Personally sanction lending within own Delegated Lending authorities
- Prepare and submit for approval consumer and business lending proposals outside own authorities with full justification for recommendations, including obtaining and analysing industry and business information
What we’re looking for in our future talent:
- Previous banking experience dealing with High Net-worth Clients (preferred)
- Previous experience within Private Banking, Corporate banking, Asset Management, Markets and/or Investment banking
- Extensive banking experience, particularly in relation to complex lending/investments
- Previous experience with business development/acquisition of new customers
- Strong credit and lending practices, across residential, commercial and equity based asset classes
- Sound understanding of banking products and services
- Proven client service record within a HNW or UHNW client market
Preferred candidates will display a good understanding of financial markets and investments evidenced by one or more recognised accreditations (ARMA, RG146, Kaplan).
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
Continuing building your career at NAB
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. As a valued Talent Acquisition colleague will be happy to have a confidential chat to you about your experience and interest in the role.
To avoid disappointment, you are encouraged to have a minimum of 18 months tenure in your current role and your people leader’s endorsement to apply and participate in the selection process. To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening methodologies and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.