Associate, Client Management & Execution - Corporate Property - Brisbane
Job Type: Full time
- Bring your passion for Property, Construction and Hotels to this role
- Great way to progress your career within Client Management & Execution (‘CME’)
- Be recognised for your expertise whilst gaining valuable new skills
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
You make NAB. You get it done for our customers and our communities. You’re laying the foundations for NAB’s future success. Together we’ll grow, excel for our customers, and make this a workplace to be proud of.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as an Associate in the Property, Construction and Hotels (‘PCH’) team.
Client Management & Execution (CME) is the Centre of Credit & Execution Excellence within Corporate Finance, and the broader C&IB business. CME teams work closely with CIB Coverage and Product teams to manage the CIB customer portfolios.
The team has highly professional Portfolio and Execution specialists across Australia, UK, USA and Asia covering the broad spectrum of Corporate & institutional businesses, delivering a wide range of financial solutions for our customers.
CME aims to drive C&IB’s performance by leveraging its diverse talent and meaningful insights, with an objective to optimise the bank's available capital. CME offers a great training platform for the future leaders of C&IB.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director, QLD you will be part of a team that provides support to the Client Coverage and the Product Specialist teams, whilst also working collaboratively with the Client Support teams and Credit partners, with the aim of driving business growth across all aspects of portfolio management, execution, and the client relationship. This role will be a great opportunity for an individual who has a passion for property, credit analysis and experience in commercial real estate lending. The Corporate Property team has recently expanded its set to also include construction and hotel exposures, therefore cashflow lending experience is highly desirable.
As our Associate, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking financial and credit risk analysis for the preparation of credit submissions, including customer annual reviews and other requests, documentation and execution for assigned customer groups.
- Management of the ongoing monitoring of the risk profile and requirements of assigned client groups, ensuring portfolio hygiene, including customer covenant compliance, is kept to a good standard and system data is accurate
- Reviewing valuation reports and supporting with monthly progress claims for construction transactions
- Workflow management between client coverage, CME, Product Specialists, Credit and client support teams to ensure a seamless client experience
- Maintaining an ongoing awareness of credit policy, credit and market risk and internal risk appetite
- Driving and embedding quality, consistency and continuous improvement practices / activities in CME, with emphasis on improving the quality of credit submissions, turnaround times and management of business risks
- Collaboration across the Enterprise to maximise the effectiveness of NAB’s objectives and deliverables, including a great customer experience
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of NAB’s credit policy, credit and market risk and internal risk appetite.
- Driving the desired Enterprise culture of trust, effective decision-making, strategic agility and constructive challenging
What you will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications with a degree in Business or Finance or a related discipline
- A passion for the Corporate Property, Construction and Hotels sector
- Extensive professional experience in the financial industry
- Excel modelling skills
- Broad C&IB product knowledge and industry insight
- An understanding of, and dealing with, APRA Prudential standards, particularly APS112/113
- Previous experience successfully managing internal stakeholders
- Ability to understand Risk policies, including Credit Risk, Operational Risk, AML etc.
- Ability to understand and interpret economic and market factors and events
- Sound credit and execution experience
Make a difference through your work:
At NAB, we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that exceed our customers’ expectations. We are an ASX listed organisation that has been serving Australian communities for more than 160 years. We are investing in positive change and our work changes the future of banking. Our colleagues have an impact far beyond work, and you’ll be part of a team that is helping to solve some of society’s biggest challenges.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone:
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you:
We are committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities. For more information, please click here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.