Job Type: Full time
A career that gives you more
Your career at NAB is about more than money, it's about serving our customers well and helping our communities prosper. We currently have a 12month secondment opportunity for an Associate Director, FCO Governance.
You are a dynamic individual and passionate about all things governance, compliance, regulatory and risk management. You bring with you:
- 10+ years of hands on experience in governance, compliance, regulatory and/or risk management.
- Substantial experience working with colleagues from across the organisation, ideally within a complex regulatory environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication experience, for example, Executive/Board reporting.
- Outstanding influencing, coaching and leadership qualities.
- Practical, and ‘outside the box’ thinking, with customers/colleagues at the forefront of what you do.
- Attention to detail and the ability to solve difficult problems.
- Excellent understanding of financial crime regulatory and obligations is preferred.
Your Skills and Experience
- Lead strategic FCO-wide compliance, regulatory, and risk initiatives to improve the overall management financial crime risk.
- Work flexibly and supportively with other colleagues within FCO on all governance related matters, and to drive collaboration with colleagues from across the 3 lines of defence, eg. Internal Audit, Regulatory Affairs, Financial Crime Risk, Divisional Controls Office teams, and Customer Divisions in the management of financial crime obligations.
- Understand regulatory requirements and drive a culture of compliance across FCO by building governance and discipline in FCO processes and controls.
Skills and experience:
- Degree certification in regulatory, legal, finance, criminology or related fields.
- ACAMS, ICA, CCP or relevant qualifications in Financial Crime is highly regarded.
- Customer driven commercial approach to business.
- Ability to analyse and draw appropriate conclusions.
- 'Thinks outside the square’ yet practical in approach.
- Strong exposure to risk management methodologies
As part of the FCO Enablement Divisions team, you will be part of FCO Governance team and be part of a supportive team who is passionate about personal growth and doing the right thing.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.