Senior Business Manager - QLD & ACT
Job Type: Full time
- Opportunity for a Senior Business Manager to be part of a collaborative and engaging team culture
- Lead a team of Adviser Support Analysts in the Wealth Advice team at JBWere
- Permanent role based in Brisbane
JBWere is one of Australia's leading Wealth Managers. We work with Australia and New Zealand’s most successful families, corporates, and for-purpose organisations to help them protect and grow their wealth, and to realise their legacies.
At JBWere, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills throughout your career, as you help us build a culture that affects positive change for both our client’s and the broader community.
The Senior Business Manager (SBM) is responsible for leading a team of Adviser Support Analysts in Brisbane and Canberra along with providing high level administration support to the Heads of Advice for QLD & ACT. This role ensures national consistency in Advice capability and support and focuses on people development, efficiency as well as managing key relationships across the 2 States.
The SBM partners with the Head of Advice – NSW/QLD and Head of Advice – NSW/ACT to manage Advice teams as well as be an active member of the Advice Leadership team supporting the operation of the advice business, including implementation and execution of strategic business-wide initiatives.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- People leadership with active management of advice support analysts to ensure skills and knowledge are maintained for delivery of a consistent client experience.
- Partner with Heads of Advice to drive revenue and FUM growth.
- Front line compliance management including, remediation approvals, expenses, staff leave and other ad hoc requests to ensure approval processes are managed carefully and consistently.
- Proactive monitoring of advice to identify and mitigate risks across the business as well as lead execution and delivery of key business initiatives to achieve success.
- Management of National Prospect List.
- Monitoring and supporting advice teams in meeting all policy and compliance requirements.
- Assist in the development and execution of JBWere Marketing & Event Plan to support client retention, acquisition, and cross referral opportunities.
Your Capabilities, Experience & Qualifications will include:
- Demonstrated experience working in a similar Business Manager leadership role for a Wealth Management or Stockbroking organisation.
- Exceptional people leadership skills and experience.
- Proven experience in providing high level administration and operational support.
- Excellent time management skills coupled with the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to travel interstate.
- Strong commercial acumen and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to prioritise successfully during periods of competing obligations.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to engage, build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Minimum of 3 years finance industry operations/back or front office experience.
- Highly competent skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of industry compliance and regulatory obligations.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At JBWere, we are intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It is a huge part of what makes JBWere such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We are committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.