Senior Consultant, Sales Strategy & Operations
Job Type: Full time
- Work with our stakeholders to enhance the business banking experience
- Utilise your Transaction, Payments & Acquiring experience in this high-profile role
- A newly created role & make a genuine difference through the work you do
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
NAB Hive is the newly formed sub domain within NAB’s Merchant Services business delivering on a significant uplift in the way it addresses sales and go to market (GTM) activities. At NAB Hive we are committed to transforming how we service merchants by ‘challenging today’, ‘unleashing brilliance’ and ‘delivering together’ . We are on the lookout for more ‘rockstars’ to join the Hive and help us build and deliver a new cloud-based payments portal that will truly differentiate our offering from our competition. NAB Hive brings together the might of Australia’s biggest business bank with the speed and agility of a fintech.
In this newly created position as a Senior Consultant, Sales Strategy & Operations, you will play an important role as the trusted advisor to the distribution and marketing leaders for our Merchant Acquiring business. This role will enable our Merchant Acquiring distribution partners run better, faster and smarter as we grow our sales capability. You will be instrumental in defining, landing and executing on our key strategic priorities for the business.
As this role is new, you will initially be responsible for bedding down the performance reporting of the Merchant Acquiring business and working with the Data & Analytics team to produce timely, dependable and well understood reports which clearly outline the key business metrics. You will then identify opportunities for improvement, delving into the underlying reasons why, making recommendations based on data and sound business principles, and manage the portfolio of initiatives ensuring consistency and visibility across all initiatives.
Does this sound like the next step in your career to shape our future?
Some additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivering the cadenced sales performance of the Merchant Acquiring business as well as periodic business reviews.
- Manage the portfolio of initiatives to create clarity to drive the business priorities
- Driving the rigor in how we present performance and gather insights in the Merchant Acquiring business
- Regular measurement of business inputs and outcomes relating to business
- Delivery of the reporting and insights for the regular Merchant Acquiring Sales Governance forum
What you will bring:
You are an experienced management consultant looking to move into a business role to match your keen passion for helping customers. You have a great understanding of what makes businesses tick and a burning desire to impart your business skills in a real-world context. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills to engage with our key partners and stakeholders to support NAB Hive’s strategy and roadmap.
In addition to this, your capabilities will be able to demonstrate:
- Experienced in management consulting, strategy or sales operations
- Strong experience working with data, to combine and analyse different data sets to find insights
- Knowledge within Payments & Acquiring within the Financial Services Industry and/or FinTech (nice to have but not essential)
- Experience presenting succinct insights to senior stakeholders
- Ability to work with stakeholders of different backgrounds – sales, marketing, product, general management
- Previous experience with SaaS sales, success or marketing organizations preferred
- Experience working cross-functionally, including with marketing, digital, product and sales
- Exceptional business analysis skills
- Strong Leadership, Stakeholder Engagement & Management skills
Does this sound like the role for you?
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We’re committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities. For more information, please click here!
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. So, get your application in!