Senior Manager Engineer, Service Managment Engineering
Job Type: Full time
- Build your career in a highly engaged and successful team
- Be supported to learn and grow whilst developing the career you want
- Use your expertise to drive positive outcomes for our customers
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as Senior Manager Engineer.
As a Senior Manager, Engineer, you will be providing technical direction, rapidly identifying solutions and instil a growth mindset and innovative ways of working within the engineer team. You'll also play a critical role in the Service Management Engineering leadership team, steering the function by contributing to the strategy and determining which problems to invest in solving.
Our Senior Engineering Managers are great people and technical leaders. They are curious, life-long learners who serve as connectors facilitating open communication and establishing meaningful relationships between individuals and teams to get great outcomes for our organisation, our customers and the community.
Key components of your role will entail:
- Involvement in technology/business projects as well as problem solving outside the immediate areas of responsibility
- Responsible for technology fit-gap assessment of demand into teams and active participant of backlog grooming
- Responsible for direction setting and engineering roadmap definition in line with Enterprise Technology Strategy.
- Developing the medium to long term strategy for the tools and platforms owned and supported by Service management engineering.
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the platforms/solutions owned/developed by engineering squads.
- Proactively leading discussions with product vendors and their customer outcome teams on product journey, roadmap and delivery of business value.
- Work with other product owners ensuring capabilities and new features are delivered using industry best standards and in alignment to the Product roadmap.
- Be part of the strategic program of work to layout the robust foundation when a new products/features are conceptualised or introduced.
- Promote and improve the maturity of the engineering practices across the business.
- Provide technical guidance and support on complex problems, mitigating and preventing critical incidents and improving availability of the services.
- Support the Solutions Design Lead in the selection process and deployment of tools and development support as necessary.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a central knowledge repository for design models, development standards, tips and techniques for tools, non-functional requirements.
What you will bring:
- 10+ years in application development and/or application support roles
- Technical domain experience (e.g., SME in ITSM, monitoring, automation tools)
- Experience in product management execution of SaaS platforms delivering business transformation.
- 7+ years of analysis and design experience on complex projects
- Expert in Cloud native software delivery
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with ability to articulate & present technical details to the stakeholders and at the same time able to translate the business value to C-level executives.
- Strong experience in building, leading and inspiring an engaged team of engineers and engineering managers while fostering an engineering culture of excellence.
- Well versed with the enterprise tool licencing and contract structure as well as commercial elements. Ensuring the value outcomes are delivered and realised as per the entitlements and investments made.
- Preferred exposure to the banking industry
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Information Technology/Computer Science/Software Engineering.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We’re committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
NAB, invested in you
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
*Unsolicited resume from agencies will not be