Associate Product Control
Job Type: Full time
- You’re encouraged to grow your skills and capability to maximise your value.
- We embrace flexibility and hybrid working.
- 12-month fixed-term opportunity to be supported to learn and grow whilst developing the career you want
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
We currently have a 12-month fixed-term and permanent opportunity for an Associate to join the Product Control team to provide Product Control support and analysis for the Markets and Corporate Finance businesses which are part of the wider Corporate & Institutional Banking (‘C&IB’) division of NAB.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Compilation of daily PL reporting for specified desks ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the bank general ledger.
- Attribution and analysis of daily P&L.
- SME knowledge of desk trading products including Fixed Income and FX securities as well as New Issuances and fee allocations.
- SME knowledge of the specified desk trading strategies.
- Explanation of variances to trader estimates.
- New deal analysis.
- Knowledge of Corporate Finance and how it generates and allocates income.
- Analysis and control of accounting processes and practices for proposed new product initiatives, product variations or new business structures.
- Completion of the month, quarter, half year and year end statutory and regulatory reporting processes for specified desks within C&IB.
- Contributing to the key strategic initiatives of C&IB Finance, C&IB and NAB.
- Participating in system and product upgrade projects and initiatives.
What you will bring:
- Highly developed numeracy and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Finance and Accounting in a large or complex organisation.
- Prior experience in a Product Control Function preferable, ideally at a major bank.
- Broad knowledge, experience and understanding of financial services industry and products.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting for derivatives.
- A degree in finance/accounting, ideally with post graduate studies in mathematics or associated discipline.
- CA or CPA qualification (or equivalent) preferred.
By joining NAB, you are committing to putting our customers’ needs first every time. You will be ambitious for growth; always curious and learning from colleagues. You will speak honestly, always valuing the time and opinion of others. You will own your work, doing what’s right, even when it’s hard.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We’re committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.