Release Train Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- Define your own career path
- Your work changes the future of banking
- Bring ideas, ambitions, and passions – both in and outside of work
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as a Release Train Engineer. Reporting into the Merchants Acquiring sub-domain Delivery Lead, you will lead multiple squads aligned to the sub-domain/customer episode. You will be accountable for all requirements, solution, progressive elaboration, engagement with NAB Asset teams to ensure on-time and successful delivery of Merchants Acquiring Business Outcomes.
- Drive progressive elaboration from initial requirements to solution, and up to release planning with NAB asset teams
- Manage release to a train i.e., sprints.
- Drive and own the operational / production readiness report.
- Monitor, maintain and measure PE horizon view for EPICS, features, and stories within the business outcome.
- Identify and manage the risk and issues throughout the delivery life cycle.
- Own level squad capacity planning and Analysis
- Manage NAB Tech Asset team engagement and strong management of dependencies across different assets, teams and domains
- Manage stakeholder relationships e.g., PO, wider Merchants Acquiring Technology and Business teams
- Provide targeted communication to all stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of dependencies, deliverables, and issues and to measure and manage stakeholder expectations
- Drive uplift of capability and operating model to improve delivery velocity.
- Manage the financials and on time delivery of releases.
- Provide coaching to help resolve process issues across the release train.
What you will bring
- Prior RTE experience and good understanding of SAFe.
- Prior experience in launching ARTs
- Prior experience in running Big Room Planning / PI Planning events
- Proven background in delivering projects on time and on budget
- Experience working in complex environment with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to lead, coach people to achieve successful outcomes
- Strong Technology knowledge and solid business knowledge
- Ability to manage financials and project plans
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and an ability to apply these in practise
- A solid understanding in project management methodologies, tools, and processes across the project lifecycle
- Advanced and confident communication skills and the ability to liaise with senior business and technology management
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.