Senior Business Analyst
Job Type: Full time
- You’ll be supported to manage your career, work, and life
- Your work at NAB changes the future of banking and you will be part of a team that is solving society’s biggest challenges
- 8 month opportunity
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as a Senior Business Analyst in the Instalments, Loyalty & Propositions team within the Everyday Banking business unit.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will support our Personal Everyday Banking team on a range of initiatives that support our customers related to customer vulnerability and climate change.
Day to day you will
- Work with business users to elicit and define user requirements through the use of the most appropriate method(s), and translate them into functional requirements, and contribute to the management of client expectations
- Analyse and specify requirements that are uniquely traceable, verifiable and prioritised in a manner that is acceptable to both business and technology stakeholders
- Manage effective use of data and process modelling tools (including, but not limited to, process mapping, business, object and dataflow modelling) to analyse and represent information in an effective form, in order to translate business requirements into meaningful statements of work
- Assess existing processes to identify redesign or enhancement opportunities to deliver improved productivity or efficiency to the business
- Produce conceptual designs, and contribute to the development of business cases, Return on Investment and Net Present Value calculations
What you’ll bring:
Tertiary qualified in technology, commerce or business, you can demonstrate the following experience:
- Developing effective solutions to complex problems within time and budget constraints
- Maintenance of an effective balance between business unit demands and Technology’s capacity to deliver within agreed timeframes and budget
- Maintaining industry knowledge in a complex, dynamic industry
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We are committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities For more information, please click here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.