Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
- Make a real difference for our customers and communities
- You’ll be encouraged to experiment and find out where you excel
- Work in a collaborative and inclusive team environment
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
About the role:
The Foundational Platform Engineering (FPE) team is building platforms that empower our colleagues and customers by making NAB’s data secure, easy to understand, use and enrich. In FPE we are developing next-generation data platforms that are safe, efficient, trusted, and capable. This includes platforms providing data publishing, transformation, data access and enterprise-wide data governance with a focus on creating exceptional colleague experience and trust in data.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to build automation into Big Data delivery and promote DevOps practices. You will be contributing to streamlining the data delivery SDLC and improving the platform user’s experience.
Day to Day Responsibilities will include:
- Creation and maintenance of Continues Integration and Continues Delivery pipelines for data delivery
- Building testing frameworks
- Contributing to platform designs
- Streamlining the delivery processes
- Creating and maintaining user documentation
- Providing training and support
- Continually learning and researching best practices and tooling for data delivery
- Establishing dev and test environments in the cloud (eg. AWS)
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to less experienced members of the development team
What you will bring:
- Experience with CI tools (e.g. Jenkins / Hudson)
- Experience with CD tools (e.g. Digital.ai / Harness)
- Proven experience in source code management and branching solution (Git)
- Proficient in software development using Python
- Proficient in scripting languages (bash, groovy)
- Experience in setting up automated testing frameworks
- Working knowledge of test automation principles
- Working knowledge of Cloud environments (AWS / Azure)
- Exposure to infrastructure as code frameworks (Terraform)
Make a difference through your work:
At NAB, we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that exceed our customers’ expectations. We’re an ASX listed organisation that has been serving Australian communities for more than 160 years. We’re investing in positive change and our work changes the future of banking. Our colleagues have an impact far beyond work, and you’ll be part of a team that is helping to solve some of society’s biggest challenges.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you:
We’re committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.