Senior Associate Risk Assessments
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
- Outstanding opportunity to build and progress your career
- Be recognised as an expert in your field, offering direction and support to the business
- Committed to working flexibly
A career that gives you more
Your career at NAB is about more than money, it's about serving our customers well and helping our communities prosper. We currently have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Senior Associate Strategic Risk Assessments.
In this role you will create, implement and refine NAB’s financial crime risk assessment framework to:
- Support NAB to identify, understand, mitigate and manage financial crime risks
- Contribute to the application and refinement of financial crime risk controls
- Support NAB and its customers to grow safely
- Contribute to the execution of NAB’s financial crime risk assessment framework, including:
- Design, execution and/or ongoing maintenance of NAB Group’s financial crime strategic risk assessment methodologies, including the Enterprise-Wide Risk Assessment.
- Contribute to advice and guidance to business and enabling units on application of financial crime risk assessment models.
- Ensure NAB’s risk assessment framework meets regulatory requirements in Australia and overseas.
- Support NAB acquisitions and alignment of risk assessments
- Support the execution of NAB’s Remediation Action Plan and response to the AUSTRAC-NAB Enforceable Undertaking.
- Contribute to innovation and transformation across the business, specifically focused on the redesign, redevelopment and implementation of risk assessments for the enterprise by:
- Identifying and executing opportunities to harness insights from data, intelligence, and guidance to refine and optimise NAB’s risk assessment capability.
- Consider opportunities to apply analytics and other analytical tools to provide contemporary, relevant and accurate understanding of risk.
- Identify opportunities to reduces impacts to customers and NAB business units.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to support the implementation of risk assessment methodologies across the enterprise.
What you will bring:
- Professional experience working in a risk, compliance or assurance environment, preferably within financial services with a focus on financial crime risk assessment.
- Strong risk management experience.
- Professional and sound judgement, particularly providing insights and conclusions for senior decision making.
- Analytical, lateral-thinking and decision-making skills, including the ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate simply and with influence.
- Working knowledge of financial crime regulatory environment locally and globally (including AML/CTF, sanctions and/or anti-bribery & corruption).
- Ability to manage competing priorities and escalations
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone
At NAB, we are intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It is a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We are committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities. For more information, please click here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.