Senior Consultant Quality Engineer
Job Type: Full time
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
You make NAB. You get it done for our customers and our communities. You’re laying the foundations for NAB’s future success. Together we’ll grow, excel for our customers, and make this a workplace to be proud of.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as a Senior Consultant Quality Engineer
- Innovate with new and existing tools, processes, practices and industrialize them into a regular delivery cycle agnostic of delivery methodology. Work to define and influence the ongoing QE solution process for all delivery engagements.
- Applies knowledge of industry best practices and software design patterns to build various types of automated test frameworks, and test scripts to continuously test various software solutions, components, and system infrastructure.
We're looking for the ideas that are going to change the way people think about banking. And when we find them, our Internet Banking Technology team are ready to turn them into something great.
Be responsible for Developing and implementing a Test strategy that optimizes the organization’s current testing environments and implements solutions for maintenance, enhancement, and replacement of existing systems.
Working with the wider domain, you will provide thought leadership on testing strategies, set, and own the framework with new and existing tools and industrialise them into a regular delivery cycle to deliver high quality solutions with microservices/cloud infrastructure to meet the business requirement.
Key skills and responsibilities
- 10 years + practical experience in IT applications
- Identify business test environment requirements for all aspects of testing
- In consultation with development teams, ensure that detailed test scripts are developed and that they cover the business requirements both functionally and technically
- Develop and maintain Automated Regression Test scripts
- Support, guide and train testers in the execution of testing and the processes required in the use of any test tools
- Review Test Plans and make recommendations for improvement
- Consult with development teams regarding any aspect of testing
- Degree and appropriate post-graduate professional IT training/ qualifications in areas of programming, analysis/ specification, design and/or testing
- Management experience looking after a robust team of Testing professionals is a MUST
- General programming experience developed through a combination of line work and testing including programming/ testing and design/ analysis preferably within Java, Angular Js, React JS and AWS is a plus. Familiarity with testing tools such selenium, cucumber, test café etc is critical to finding success in the role
- Formal software testing experience, including building test scripts and conducting systems, unit, and ability to conduct regression testing
- Experience in or developing experience in automated testing
- Ability to identify, analyse and assess the impact on the testing area of industry and business trends
- Ability to work self-sufficiently / with minimal supervision
- Develops, maintains, and leads test frameworks and test automation solutions for End-to-End System, API/ Integration, Performance, Load, and Stress testing.
- Designs, codes, and reviews automated software tests to verify software specifications and requirements are met.
- Maximizes the efficiency of test authoring and maintenance by continuously improving frameworks, standards, and best practices.
- Supporting the Quality Engineers when they have questions and enabling them to articulate these in a way that can be understood by the wider team to ensure right outcomes
- Take on a cross-functional role, communicating and working alongside Engineer Manager, Business Analysts & Engineers.
- Working closely with and influencing our Enterprise Test and release teams
- Provides technical expertise to Architects, Analysts, and other engineers as input for testability in product design and implementation.
- Experience in DevOps tools and ways of working (JIRA/GIT/ Jenkins…)
- Implement & monitor quality metrics including trend analysis of discrepancies and defects; drive investigations into problems and corrective actions relating to recurring problems
- Proactively address issues discovered in the software components, infrastructure and scripts in the various environments
- Proactively manage risk; meet all policy and compliance requirements; perform controls; adhere to Process and Procedures pertinent to role and escalate events, issues or breaches as they are identified.
- Drive, Innovate and embed Quality Engineering practices
- Recognised as a key contributor to the innovation, development and implementation of Quality Engineering across NAB
- Take innovation from inception to delivery across many assets and platforms in NAB
- Evidence through metrics of reduced cycle time and delivery complexity.
- Stakeholders buy in and acceptance of your solutions
- Positive 360 feedback from stakeholders and colleagues.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in setting up Test frameworks, writing test scripts, and building an overall software solution to automate End-to-End System testing across multiple browsers, operating systems and devices.
- Experience with Test and Behaviour Driven Development (TDD/BDD) approaches
- Responsive design concepts, CI/CD knowledge, Git source control
- Excellent communication, documentation, organization and time management skills
- Must have interest and passion to build holistic test automation approach, tools, and scripts.
- Building strong relationships with the ability to influence key decision making
- Teamwork, Collaboration & Communication
- Solid judgment, reasoning and decision-making abilities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have experience with Quality Engineering process and best practices.
- Resilience and versatility in dealing with varying levels of organisational maturity
- Track record and ability in delivering quality outcomes
- Ability to focus, prioritise and multi-task successfully to drive tasks to closure to support aggressive schedules
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
Continuing building your career at NAB
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening methodologies and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.