Job Type: Full time
- Opportunities for career progression throughout the business
- Great engaging work environment where customer advocacy is highly valued.
- We are focused on your learning & development.
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as Analyst Engineer
T he Role
Seeking a motivated, self-starter Analyst Engineer to provide Java development and support capability within the NAB Payments Integration – TLM team; one of the pillars of NAB’s product functions, and an area of significant strategic focus.
- Analyse, design, implement features that
- Enhance the business or customer experience.
- Automate technology operational processes, including change deployment, application resilience, monitoring/alerting, and user self-service.
- Take ownership and accountability for production service, including fix on fail, problem investigation, root cause determination and resolution.
- Participate in delivery of automated production change, understanding change content, executing change control procedures, appropriate technical and business verification, and user communications.
- Participate in and provide quality assurance activities, including code reviews, white-box testing, test coverage for own work, and test framework maintenance. Debugging and fixing code defects.
- Production Support – the role requires the successful applicant to be on primary support for critical payments application approximately 1 week out of every 5.
What you will bring:
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Passion for high quality software development, ideally using Java.
- Experience with distributed, event driven systems and using messaging protocols; Apache Kafka, messaging systems such as IBM MQ, desirable.
- Exposure to build and automation tools (Gradle (Kotlin DSL/Groovy), Jenkins, Python, Artifactory, Terraform, SonarQube).
- Experience with the following also preferred: Java 11, Spring Boot, RDBMS (ideally Postgres, Oracle), Webservices (REST/SOAP), Apache Camel, Docker, SCM (Git), BDD (JBehave/Cucumber), & Unit Testing (Junit 5, Mockito).
- Interest in the entire application stack; from network, security, through platform OS to application code, including cloud hosting, but an over-riding desire to write code.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We’re committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
NAB, invested in you
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
*Unsolicited resume from agencies will not be