Head of Group Brand
Job Type: Full time
- Fantastic 12 month fixed term contract
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
About the Role
The Group Brand team are the custodians of the NAB Group portfolio of brands. You are responsible for shaping the vision and creating consideration and advocacy for our brands with our customers and our people. You ensure that our brand strategy, positioning and how this lands in market via large scale integrated brand, CR and sponsorship campaigns for external customers and our colleagues is compelling in order to enhance the performance and outcomes for our brand. You work with other teams across Marketing and the broader enterprise to ensure that communications are implemented in a way that accurately and consistently supports our brand positioning and strategy.
As the Head of Group Brand, you will build and oversee the tools, frameworks, and processes to embed the strategy, put measures in place to govern and protect the brand, educate our stakeholders, people and agency partners about our brand and bring the strategy to life through the coordination and delivery of large-scale integrated brand communications.
What you'll be doing
- Leadership, strategic development, planning and program management of the brand, CR and sponsorship communications plans ensuring a sustainable, differentiated and relevant brand position for our customers and for our people globally.
- Cross functional team collaboration as business owner to ensure the strong delivery of our strategy via large scale integrated brand and sponsorship campaigns in market to our customers and embedding of the brand internally.
- Strategic influencing, advise and consult to enable consistency and alignment with our brand strategy.
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and optimisation of our external brand communications strategy and internal brand engagement, through communication strategies, plans and tactics to assist in achieving brand objectives and targets.
- Proactively monitor risk and assurance requirements within agreed risk appetite and manage non-compliance in a timely manner.
- Drive and lead strong Agency / Supplier and partner relationships.
- Develop, manage and monitor measurement frameworks, and performance of the brand, to assess and interpret key brand performance metrics into actionable marketing insights and plans.
- Prepare strategic and operational plans
- Manage the brand strategy, positioning and architecture for the brands globally by assessing environmental trends (technological, economic and legal), current market share, market penetration and competitor positioning
- Develop proof point propositions for customers, initiating and directing projects/programs to promote the Brand in target markets.
- Prioritise marketing investment activities within the portfolio and establish and maintain an annual and rolling brand plan to allocated budgets.
- Monitor and analyse actual performance and develop action plans to correct adverse trends, and monitor effectiveness of brand activity, ensuring the disciplines of time, cost and quality are observed.
- Regularly review brand performance and validation, consideration metrics, and competitor activity to identify opportunities for differentiation
- Represent the organisation as brand custodian in various forums as required, keep in touch with market trends and work with other Marketing and Enterprise functions to be able to identify, assess and influence the impact of changes occurring in the market place
What you'll bring
- 10+ years’ experience in brand management and marketing leadership roles, and managing high performing teams
- Tertiary educated with a qualification in marketing, or a related field
- Exceptional engagement and facilitation skills at all levels
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques
- Excellent presentation and written skills including exceptional ability to articulate and package ‘message’
- Ability to explain complex insights to a non-technical audience, and gain broad-based support from stakeholders to garner support, investment and remove roadblocks
- Creative and lateral thinker with commercial acumen
- Exceptional creative judgement and demonstrated experience in agency management
- Strong understanding of the importance and purpose of brand and sponsorship – as well as the drivers of brand performance
- Exceptional understanding of media planning & buying, and working with media and specialist agencies
- Project management experience, including sound resource and stakeholder management and engagement
- Ability to confidently challenge the status quo, propose new ideas and technologies, and have robust conversations when it comes to roll-out of brand strategies and creative
- Successful track record of launching and scaling large integrated brand platforms
Make a difference through your work
At NAB, we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that exceed our customers’ expectations. We’re an ASX listed organisation that has been serving Australian communities for more than 160 years. We’re investing in positive change and our work changes the future of banking. Our colleagues have an impact far beyond work, and you’ll be part of a team that is helping to solve some of society’s biggest challenges.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.