Associate Director - Credit Risk Operations
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Job Type: Part time
- Use your expertise to drive positive outcomes for our customers
- You’ll be supported to manage your career, work and life
- Be rewarded and recognised for the value you bring
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as Associate Director - Credit Risk Operations.
This role is responsible for Developing Credit Risk’s obligation management approach to support effective credit risk practices and providing assurance to compliance plan owners.
Evaluating the strength and condition of Credit Risk’s control environment, identifying opportunities for enhancement and working with stakeholders to deliver sustainable change.
- Shape and evolve Credit Risk’s approach to prudential and non-prudential obligation management, providing direction to the Credit & Market Risk Leadership Team.
- Continuous monitoring and maintenance of Credit Risk’s compliance plans and provision of assurance to Plan Owners including insights, key risks, and dependencies. Ongoing review and assessment of NAB’s compliance with Credit Risk obligation requirements and report on the status of plans to Group Credit & Market Risk Committee.
- Guide Credit Risk teams on the effective management of obligations and controls. Support event management and business continuity management processes for the Credit & Market Risk business unit.
- Provide guidance and oversight of Credit & Market Risk’s Process Accelerated Controls Execution (PACE) delivery and governance program
- Partner with obligation and control owners to strengthen NAB’s control environment and the effectiveness of NAB’s credit risk practices, working collaboratively to ensure adoption of a consistent and sustainable approach.
- Provide SME guidance and input to non-model credit risk methodology matters.
What you will bring:
- 7+ years’ experience working in financial services, specialising in credit risk and/or regulatory obligation compliance.
- Experience in non-financial risk, particularly compliance obligation management
- Strong track record in building relationships and stakeholder management.
- Experience in delivering regulatory change or transformation initiatives.
- Strong engagement, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written communication skills and a track record in producing papers for Executive and Board levels.
- Strong business acumen – business judgement, problem solving skills and the ability to distil complex information.
- Resilient – remains calm under pressure and ability to effectively manage requests that have short turnaround times.
- Delivery skills – able to work independently and coordinate multiple pieces of work concurrently and drive timely delivery of priority actions.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we are intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It is a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We are committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities. For more information, please click here
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply.
NAB welcomes flexible working arrangements and encourages interested applicants to apply, highlighting their unique working preferences (including working hours and part-time status).
If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.