Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
- Build your career in a highly engaged and successful team
- Bring your ideas, ambitions, and passions – both in and outside of work
- Work in a collaborative and inclusive team environment
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
You make NAB. You get it done for our customers and our communities. You’re laying the foundations for NAB’s future success. Together we’ll grow, excel for our customers, and make this a workplace to be proud of.
The Manager Engineer is responsible for the leadership of one or more engineering scrum teams to plan, deliver and support service features that deliver customer value and/or mature service capability.
They are also accountable for executing the People Leader fundamentals in line with NAB Policies and drive a learning-based culture.
- People Management for all resources across the team
- Managing & Executing on the design, development and testing of customer / colleague and technology features / stories in line with service priorities
- Develop to maintain and validate engineering standards, application architecture and design patterns, ‘code level’ standards etc
- Owns the adoption of standards - working with the team to ensure understanding and adoption of Software Engineering standards
- Leading an agile delivery scrum team outputs including: engineering standards, sprint backlogs and plans, engineers' responsibilities and performance management, code quality, adherence to development guardrails, testing etc
- Supporting code in production
- Qualifying (as requests for work) and managing delivery from downstream service teams and/or third-party vendors in line with service boundaries
- Leveraging and exploiting cloud solutions, DevOps, testing automation etc
- Validate work done by third parties (the amount of work, timing, output quality expectations etc.) within broader vendor contracts and service expectations
- Produce & review effort estimates and actuals to deliver stories / features
- Manage allocation of resources, balancing client needs, resource skills and individual development objectives and achieving high utilisation as well as meeting financial and people targets
- Vendor and Service provider Management for capability supply including developing an appropriate resource strategy
- Change Management - communication and change control
- Stakeholder Management - management of stakeholder expectations
- Review, Approval and accountable for Change Management
- Risk Management and maintaining system hygiene
What you will bring
- At least 15+ years relevant experience with Technology Development Lifecycle & People leadership
- A passion for technology keeping up with latest trends, including the ability to read and write code
- Technical domain (e.g. business subject matter, technology and/or tools, vendor/package) expertise
- Full lifecycle (design to development to testing to support)
- Agile software development practices & ceremonies
- Scrum team leadership (direction-setting, blocker removal)
- Technology and business stakeholder management
- Testing automation
- Cloud solution enablement
- APIs, microservices
- Workflow tools such as JIRA
- Strong commitment to quality and auditability
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
Continuing building your career at NAB
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. As a valued internal colleague, we will be happy to have a confidential chat to you about your experience and interest in the role.
To avoid disappointment, you are encouraged to have a minimum of 18 months tenure in your current role and your people leader’s endorsement to apply and participate in the selection process.
Please note candidate screening methodologies and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.