Warehouse and Parts Technician 4
Location: Smithers Office
Job Type: Full time
Welcome to Newcrest!
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop, and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse and Parts Technician 4 to join our Smithers Site. This is a Monday to Friday posiiton for local residents of Smithers and the surrounding communities, no travel will be offered for this role.
This position provides Warehouse support to customer departments to ensure the timely delivery of parts and materials required to support production at Newcrest’s mine sites.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties, with safety being the number one priority:
- Contributes to the safe operations in the warehouse and actively participates in the Newsafe culture.
- Manages the delivery of required parts and materials in accordance with a planned schedule and requested delivery.
- Ensure all materials and resources are shipped & received safely, accurately and accounted for through proper delivery and storage practices, and procedures.
- Manage the movement of orders of material and equipment from Smithers or other off-site locations to meet operational requirements
- Keep accurate records – inventory control, cycle counts, inventory transactions, auditing & reporting.
- Provide prompt and efficient service and direct any enquiries to the appropriate department / person.
- Produce weekly/monthly reports for inventory, freight management, bulk products etc.
- Responsible for Safely following instructions from Departmental Leadership ensuring operational excellence in all warehouse areas, efficient operations of warehouse inventory management system and related equipment; ensure inventory is received and issued appropriately and efficiently and safely processed in the warehouse in accordance with all established business policies, procedures, and process compliance SOPs.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities to support the overall success of the Smithers site.
What we offer:
All our team members are rewarded with a host of great benefits, including:
- Extended Health and Dental benefits and insurance for eligible employees
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, skills, and qualifications
- Ongoing training with continuous growth and development opportunities
- Successful completion of Grade 12. A Parts person 1 certification would be considered an asset.
- 6 months to 1 year of relevant front-line experience in warehouse operations, inventory management, and customer relations is required.
- Previous experience working in a mine or heavy industry is an asset.
- Six Sigma – White Belt is preferred or must be willing to obtain the certificate.
- Applicable onsite Safety Training.
- Ability to understand technical specifications of material and equipment.
- Proficient in MS Office and filing systems.
- Excellent communication and radio skills, able to read, write and speak English.
- Well-organized with multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience in planning, organizing, prioritizing and coordinating work in a changing environment.
- Skilled in using personal computer and various software packages, specifically JDE and SAP.
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently.
- Ability to investigate inventory discrepancies, variances and problem solve.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on workload, resource availability and business priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Courteous, diplomatic, and able to work within tight response deadlines.
- Deliver Results – Completes tasks and takes accountability for own actions. Achieves excellence in customer service
- Personal Awareness – Understands how own behaviors and actions impacts others
- Leadership – Directs team towards achievement of goals and objectives. Communicates effectively in groups and teams
- Continuous Improvement – Seeks out and drives improvements
- First Aid training, WHMIS, and TDG knowledge would be an asset
- Regular working hours are Monday to Friday, eight hours daily
- Must be willing to operate department specific equipment
- Must be willing to work evenings or occasional callouts on the weekend, when needed to support operational needs
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical screening
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50lbs throughout a work shift
- Be able maintain high levels of performance over 8-hour shifts
- Able to work in areas of extreme weather conditions
- Able to work in close quarters with the team
- Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol-free work environment using mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
Our commitment to you:
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together, and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
Newcrest promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application online before the advertised application closing date.
IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING NEW CHALLENGE, JOIN NEWCREST TODAY!