Technician - Mining Innovation & Automation
Job Type: Full time
Experience a connection with us at Newcrest
Our history is a big part of who we are today. Our experience in the exploration, discovery, development, and operation of gold mines has driven our growth globally and delivered competitive shareholder returns. Whether you are part of our offices, or at one of our sites near or far, you will find so much more than you expect.
Operations near and far
Our Cadia site is located in Central West New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange and three hours’ drive from Sydney. Employees reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange, with the surrounding winery and national park areas to enjoy.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we are looking for:
Seeking an enthusiastic and safety-focused UG Auto-Electrical Technician to join our busy Mining Innovation & Automation team at Cadia. The purpose of this role is to maintain and improve both onboard and fixed infrastructure components and availability through effective servicing and execution of preventative maintenance tasks. This role will also assist with commissioning and implementation of MIA developments and the installation, commissioning and maintenance of technology systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in implementation of solutions and project implementation as required.
- Maintain interconnected components and infrastructure used to convert, record, transport or control Mining processes, equipment, energy, and/or information for mining purposes.
- Practice and promote a safe work environment, being responsible for assisting with development and nurturing of this culture within the team.
- Perform project installation activities where required within your capabilities.
You will also ideally have training, knowledge and experience in:
- Qualified tradesperson in the Auto-Electrical Maintenance field or have extensive experience in this area with other relevant tertiary education suited for this role.
- Understanding of surface and underground mining infrastructure and logistics systems.
- Training and experience in Surface and underground technology system installation and fault-finding, including Modular Mining, Trimble CATGrade, Proximity Detection, WLAN/LAN, Automation and CAN systems.
- Previous experience in a heavy industry maintenance environment, preferably associated with Mining.
- Have experience with modern maintenance techniques and computerised maintenance systems, (SAP).
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office applications, Excel & Word.
- Behaviour consistent with Newcrest values and NewSafe Behaviours.
Please note: This is a permanent full-time residential role at our Cadia mine site, on a 4 days on / 3 off roster.
Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You will be part of a high-performance culture that is building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and collaborative.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we’d love to hear from you.