Specialist - Sourcing and Contracts
Job Type: Full time
Operations near and far
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area’s occupied by wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for
The purpose of this role is to safely lead sourcing, supply management, contracting and procurement activities for Cadia Valley Operations (CVO), in accordance with Newcrest’s established procurement policies and frameworks.
Objectives of the position include rationalisation of suppliers and spend, cost optimisation by seeking best value for money, driving business improvement, evaluation and selection of suppliers, contract negotiations and adherence to internal and external compliance requirements around diversity, social responsibility, and sustainability.
You will also possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in development of robust end-to-end procurement contracts that support large-scale, complex operational environments
- A numerate and commercially astute professional, with basic understanding of regulatory requirements and basic contract law
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to cultivate stakeholder relationships
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and individually, to meet demanding deadlines, per the direction of the Lead
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational management skills, proven ability to establish work plans and schedules for work activities
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite of products, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project.
- SAP experience and experience in a mature Contract Management System (CMS) is preferred
Our commitment to you
Our people bring our organisation to life. With us, you’ll find experience all around you. Our leaders are visible and approachable, leading and supporting the organisation through transformation. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a belief in making an impact.
Look around and you’ll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you’ll learn and grow in your time with us.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.