Mechanical Technician - Light Vehicle
Job Type: Full time
Telfer is a fly-in, fly-out mining operation located in the Great Sandy Desert of Western Australia. The site offers work-life balance with amenities such as Foxtel in the rooms, quality food with healthy options, medical care, sports, and recreational activities.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a Light Vehicle Mechanic to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on light vehicles and ancillary equipment. Apart of Maintenance Department at Telfer you will ensure compliance with safety, environment, and mining requirements.
Other key deliverables of the role include:
- Providing technical support in all aspects of mechanical maintenance e.g Toyota and Isuzu trucks, bobcats, forklifts, cranes
- Monitoring and reporting on status of equipment in line with safety requirements
- Identifying and reporting of any potential equipment failures
- Proactive improvement of maintenance strategies in adherence to company policies, procedures, and values
- Develop and maintain communication with other departments and key stakeholders on site at Telfer
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and skilled individual who is able to work well under pressure and contribute to the success of the team. In addition, you will also ideally have:
- Australian recognised Trade Certificate as Light Vehicle Mechanic or Automotive Engineering
- Toyota and Isuzu experience essential
- Mining FIFO experience and exposure to maintenance systems I.e. S.A.P an advantage
- Well versed with electronic diagnostic tools i.e. “G” Scan” and Toyota TEC Stream” or similar
- Sound exposure to automotive electrical troubleshooting and repair would be an advantage
- Automotive air-conditioning. Competent in troubleshooting and repair of Automotive A/C systems advantageous.
- Minor Fabrication and welding skills
- Ability to recognise priorities
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving
- Manual C and HR Class Driver's License is required
- First Aid, EWP, Forklift license highly desirable
Please note: This is a full-time permanent role at our Telfer mine site, FIFO from Perth on an 8 days on 6 days off roster, but may be subject to unplanned shift work.
Newcrest’s commitment to you
At Newcrest we are dedicated to building a diverse workforce to reflect the communities in which we operate. We believe that an inclusive culture will lead to better business outcomes by leveraging the unique perspectives and capabilities of its diverse employees.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we’d love to hear from you!
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.