Engineer - Mining - Havieron
Location: Perth Airport
Job Type: Full time
Explore the Unknown
Newcrest is committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
Our technical expertise is something we are quietly proud of. Through our investment in research and development, we have advanced the technical development of our mining methods, achieving operational efficiencies. Whether you are part of our offices, or at one of our sites near or far, you will find so much more than you expect.
This is your opportunity to join a world-class early works project team.
Our exciting Havieron Project
The Havieron Project is the primary target of the Newcrest-operated joint venture with Greatland Gold and forms a key focus of Newcrest’s growth strategy in the Paterson Province. The Project is located in Western Australia, approximately 50km east of Newcrest’s 100%-owned Telfer mine.
It’s a great time to be joining Newcrest!
Who we’re looking for
In this critical fixed-term contract, you will be integral to the establishment of the Havieron Project, through the development of the Karlajartu Decline and associated lateral and vertical infrastructure.
Reporting to the Mining Superintendent, you will play a key role in the Havieron Project Team and its success with both internal and external stakeholders, and contractors to safely and efficiently deliver the Early Works decline to meet the requirements of the Havieron business plan.
Other key deliverables of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Support the ongoing decline development
- Generate short to medium term mine designs and schedules for the Havieron Project
- Assist with the development of a standard planning process for all plans for the Havieron Project that ensures all statutory and safety checks are undertaken prior to their release
- Monitoring compliance and consistency between weekly and monthly plans and the project schedule
- Contract management activities (including QAQC, compliance, reporting and daily management)
To succeed in this role, you will be a safety-focused professional who enjoys technical challenges. Your exceptional interpersonal skills will see you promote a site wide, team-based culture between employees, departments and contractors.
In addition, you will also have:
- Tertiary Engineering qualification (Mining or similar)
- Previous experience in mine design and scheduling in underground hard rock environment
- Exposure to the development cycle of a single heading decline project will be highly beneficial
- Competent in the use of Deswik and ventilation mining software packages
- Ability to think strategically and effectively collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders
A firm focus will be on teamwork and fostering the development of a team. We are looking for a strong communicator and influencer and someone who is familiar with working in a highly collaborative environment with a strong emphasis on innovation and best practise.
Please note: This is a site based, fixed term role until 30 June 2024. With a point of hire of Perth, on an 14/14 roster.
Our commitment to you
Our people bring our organisation to life. With us, you’ll find experience all around you. Our leaders are visible and approachable, leading and supporting the organisation through transformation. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a belief in making an impact.
Look around and you’ll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you’ll learn and grow in your time with us.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.