Mechanical Technician - Lubrication
Job Type: Full time
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in fly out operation from Perth which recognizes the importance of work-life balance. Our rooms include Foxtel, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sports and recreation activities.
We are seeking a safety conscious Lubrication Technician to join our Surface Maintenance team at Telfer. Reporting into the Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor, this busy yet challenging role will see you ensure the planned and unplanned lubrication of the surface fixed plant assets.
Other key deliverables of this role include, but not limited to:
- Carry out all lubrication on equipment such as crushers, feeders, conveyors, Sag and Ball mill hydraulic equipment, pumps, thickeners, larox filters and thickeners in a timely manner
- Provide lubrication support within the surface maintenance department. ensuring preventive maintenance is carried out to the required standard
- Carry out routine inspections of all Fixed Plant machinery ensuring any discrepancies are recorded and corrective measures are implemented through the maintenance business process
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety to achieve a workplace target of zero injuries and incidents
As the ideal candidate, you will be an inspiring team-player with excellent work-ethics and a can-do attitude. You will appreciate being part of a collaborative team and foster continuous improvement through your excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills. In addition, you will also ideally have:
- Proven experience in lubrication of equipment on a Gold or mineral processing plant
- Computer literacy and basic understanding of SAP or similar maintenance systems
- Manual HR Driver's License is required
- Forklift license
Please note: This is a full-time permanent role at our Telfer mine site, FIFO from Perth on an 8 days on 6 days off but may be subject to unplanned maintenance work
Our commitment to you
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we’d love to hear from you!
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.