Research Scientist II
Location: Research and Development
Job Type: Full time
Nuseed. Value Beyond Yield.
Nuseed delivers VALUE BEYOND YIELD® through dedicated service, locally proven canola, carinata, sorghum and sunflower seed for farm customers and new plant-based solutions for end-use customers globally. This is core to our global commitment and what sets us apart. Over 300 Nuseed employees work across our global locations, including three world-class Nuseed Innovation Centres.
Established in Australia in 2006, Nuseed has grown to offer industry leading germplasm, advanced molecular capabilities, regional R&D and commercial teams in Australia, Europe, North America and South America, and sales in more than 30 countries. Nuseed is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nufarm Limited (AUX: NUF).
How can you inspire innovation at Nuseed?
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Nuseed Research and Development Team in our world-class innovation centre located in Horsham, Victoria. Our innovation centre delivers canola varieties for key global Nuseed markets and utilises a broad range of technology.
Reporting to the Australian Research & Development Lead you will lead a team of scientists and research technicians to apply discovery breeding practices and resources in support of trait and parental genetic improvements and ultimately superior hybrid varieties for Nuseed Markets.
What will you be doing?
- Project management, in consultation with the Australian R&D Lead, manage targeted trait genetic advancement of hybrid parents from selection nurseries for the breeding program
- Working in a team environment to improve and/or develop new breeding strategies and methods to accelerate delivery of novel or superior genetics for hybrid breeding
- Characterize germplasm. identify superior phenotypic / molecular variation and implement optimal breeding strategies and genomic tools for trait advancement
- Use and develop novel screening methods to identify superior genetic variation for Canola improvement
- Managing a team, you will be a key member of the R&D Leadership Team responsible for managing, developing and attracting talent
What do you bring?
A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as plant breeding, plant genetics, agronomy. You have a high level of written and oral communication skills, evidenced by superior reporting, presenting, and negotiation abilities.
You enjoy developing and leading others and sharing your experiences and expertise to build a successful team around you.
If you are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nuseed employees