Job Type: Full time
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100), we own the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine, are currently constructing the ~A$1b Carrapateena copper-gold operation, have operating and exploration holdings in Brazil; as well as a significant pipeline of project opportunities with exploration earn-ins and projects under study.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
At OZ Minerals Prominent Hill, we value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration. We are a mid-tier mining company so you will not get lost in the crowd or tangled in bureaucracy. Rather, we unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career.
OZ Minerals - A Modern Mining Company
As part of OZ Minerals, here at Prominent Hill we like to embrace the new while respecting, recognising and remembering all of the people and hard work in the past that has made our operation one of the best performing copper mines in the world.
With an exciting and clear roadmap for our future, we are all about creating a place which welcomes everyone for who they are, embracing diversity of thought, background and experience, questioning the why and constantly improving how we deliver. We don’t subscribe to a traditional mindset of how mining sites are supposed to run.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a passionate and innovative Processing Technician to join our Plant Operations team. This is a permanent opportunity and is responsible for maintaining the copper concentrate plant in a safe, productive manner.
Why we need you
- Safely operate areas of the fixed plant including – crushing, grinding, floatation, filtration, paste plant and control room
- Work to achieve a high standard of housekeeping and general plant tidiness
- Report all safety hazards/risks and events according to site procedures in a timely manner
- Safe isolation of plant for work to be conducted
- Troubleshoot maintenance issues and liaise with electrical/mechanical/metallurgy teams and the Shift Supervisor to rectify and minimise disruption to plant operation.
What’s in it for you?
- Family friendly roster – 8 days on, 6 days off, 7 nights on, 7 nights off.
- The opportunity to take on exciting and challenging problems. You’ll have the chance to explore curious ideas and contribute to projects that you are passionate about. We challenge the status quo and fail fast.
- A company that sees you for you! Bring your whole self to work and learn from people with different backgrounds and cultures
This sounds perfect! Where do I sign up?
If the above excites you, and even makes you a little nervous, then we want you to apply! It’s a transformative time for us; and we need creative, collaborative and great people like you.
We might seem a little eccentric... but we take your privacy very seriously. Your application is highly confidential and will not be discussed with anyone outside of OZ Minerals without your permission.
Applications close: 5th October 2022