Supervisor - Electrical (PMO)
Job Type: Full time
Join Australia's most exciting new underground mining project. Carrapateena will be a large scale world class mine built and operated by world class people. We are building a modern mine site in South Australia and getting operationally ready for seamless commissioning. This role is now available and we need your help.
At OZ Minerals Carrapateena, we value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration. We are a mid-tier mining company so you will not get lost in the crowd or tangled in bureaucracy. Rather, we unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career.
Your New Role
Carrapateena is a large-scale, world class modern mine operated by world class people. This exciting role is now available, and we want the very best of the best on deck to lead the team and collectively deliver exceptional results.
At OZ Minerals Carrapateena, we believe our greatest asset is our people and we are working hard to provide a wonderful mix of age, cultural and geographical backgrounds to further enrich our inclusive workplace culture. We truly value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration, we are here to unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career to go beyond what is possible.
Location: Carrapateena, South Australia (60-minute flight from Adelaide / 30-minute flight from Port Augusta)
Roster: 8 days on; 6 days off
Employment Type: Fixed-Term – 2 Years
Pay & Benefits: Our employees are a valued stakeholder at OZ Minerals, we want to attract the very best talent to join our team. As such, what we offer is generous when compared to Australian mining industry pay and benefits. We are more than happy to share specifics later.
Work Life Plans: We believe in empowering our people to make their own choices on how they can best achieve their work. Employees working with OZ Minerals create a tailored individual work-life plan which is based on their ‘whole of life’ needs taking into consideration both role requirements and personal/family life – flexible working is real and is supported by our entire Executive Leadership Team.
How You Will Create Impact
- Coach and mentor Electrical (PMO) employees and contracting partners
- Act as a role model for Company values and OZ Minerals How We Work Together principles.
- Lead and close out investigations.
- Offer leadership, support and technical guidance to the project teams
- Manage field-based activities to meet Health & Safety licensing requirements.
- All safe work systems, procedures and standards are adhered via engagement with project teams and contracting partners
- Support Electrical PMO projects which matter to you.
- Supporting the planning and implementation of PMO projects.
- Lead Electrical crews and contracting partners, ensuring that they are supervised and operating in accordance with site safety standards.
- Ensuring electrical equipment or installations in their area of responsibility are installed and tested in accordance with legislation and standards as well as codes of practice, guidelines, industry agreements and company standards
- Ensuring appropriate controls are applied to all hazards and critical risks present in each work area through workplace inspections and critical risk verifications.
- Effective daily and weekly planning and coordination of multiple teams to execute various projects and deliver on schedule milestones.
- Scoping of new projects and, where required, procurement of infrastructure and consumables.
What We Value
- Proven experience leading a team
- Experience working in mining / oil and gas / construction
- South Australian Electrical Trade
- C Class Drivers Licence (Manual)
- Ability to assess risks and identify opportunities for improvement
- Good communication skills and ability to report on daily and weekly compliance to schedule.
- Intermediate level of computer literacy (MS Office Suite of programs).
- Passionate in developing, mentoring and coaching others.
Key HWWT Behaviours:
Planning – I find root cause of problems and implement solutions
Delivering – I don’t overanalyse and exercise sound judgement
Including – I develop, mentor, coach and support others
OZ Minerals - A Modern Mining Company
Unlock your potential and help us challenge the status quo, while doing the best work of your life.
We want creative and passionate people on our team, who can go beyond what's possible to make lives better.
What we do is centered around creating shared value for our stakeholders. And how we do things is what makes us unique.
We know everyone's best work takes different shapes and forms, and we are committed to empowering and harnessing this difference.
For us, development is continuous, learning is holistic, and How We Work Together is more than just a tagline.
Who are we? We are OZ Minerals, a modern mining company.
If you think you can make a difference, please apply below.
Applications close in two weeks.