Specialist - Digital Mining Technology
Job Type: Full time
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100), we own and operate the copper-gold mine at Prominent Hill, the copper mine at Carrapateena, and have assets in Brazil. We also have a pipeline of earn-in agreements with experienced exploration companies in Australia and internationally. One of our current exciting projects includes the West Musgrave Project, situated in Western Australia.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
Our growth strategy is focused on value creation and we achieve success by creating value for all stakeholders, underpinned by safety, capital discipline and our How We Work Together principles – our foundations for success.
OZ Minerals - A Modern Mining Company
Help us set up our newest, open pit mining project!
West Musgrave will be one of the world's largest, lowest cost, lowest emissions copper-nickel projects, built and operated by OZ Minerals, a modern mining company.
You could be part of the team that helps to deliver this exciting mine, set within the Australian landscape. And we welcome anyone who's seeking to make a real difference.
Our West Musgrave nickel-copper project is located on Ngaanyatjarra country, in the Musgrave Province of Central Western Australia, and includes the Nebo and Babel nickel-copper deposits and the Succoth copper deposit.
West Musgrave, which has a 26-year mine life, will be an owner-operator mining operation and in addition to being powered by ~80 per cent renewable energy, the Project scope includes a pathway to net zero Scope 1 emissions by 2038.
The Project will feature an Autonomous Haulage System and remote operations from day one and our workforce will be a flexible, technology enabled team supported by remote operations to improve safety outcomes and maximise opportunities for flexible working and diverse participation.
At OZ Minerals we strive to be modern. We're guided by our purpose, "Going beyond what's possible to make lives better" and seek to ethically and responsibly explore, mine and sell modern minerals. In doing so, we are contributing to a low carbon future and economic wellbeing which, in turn, helps us achieve our purpose and contribute to a better future
About the Role
Location: Perth preferred with travel to Adelaide and West Musgrave Site as required
Reporting to: Package Manager – Digital & Remote Operations
Contract Type: 18 months fixed-term
Pay & Benefits: Competitive package commensurate with responsibilities
You will work closely with the operations team to deliver a digitally enabled and connected mining operation and be accountable to the Manager - Mine Technical Services and the Manager - Technology.
Your primary function is to lead subject matter experts to support the development of work products related to digital, the asset, and project aspirations.
Leaving hierarchy at the door, you will build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and have a relentless focus on collaboration.
- Successfully define, select, design, implement, and support technology related to the mining operations in a connected value chain as a product owner.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Mining, Digital & Operational Readiness teams, including regular reporting on joint projects.
- Effectively coordinate & plan resources with the Digital teams to support the successful commissioning of a mining fleet in an exciting green field open pit environment.
- Coordinate change management and training for both Mining operations and digital support functions.
- Be accountable and have full ownership of the mining and digital interfaces
You come to this challenge as a mining engineer with a strong background in integrated mining technology or, alternatively, as a digital/technology professional with experience in mining operations. In detail, your skills and experience include:
- Detailed understanding of open pit mining operations from grade control through to delivery at the ROM/crusher. Appreciation for downstream processing challenges and opportunities is a must for value optimisation.
- Detailed understanding of data, and the use and management of time series & unstructured data sets
- Understanding of technologies, including server, infrastructure, communications, and the system development lifecycle.
- Experience with the selection, implementation and support of mining operation systems, including FMS, AHS, HPGPS, geology databases, mine planning, etc.
- Working understanding of cyber security practices and conformance to a dynamically set of requirements.
- Ability to develop the technical specification and documentation for all stakeholder groups.
- Understanding and practical experience in working with different technologies, including WiFi, LTE, Rajant, 802.11, CANBUS, ModBUS, Radio, Mission Critical Push to Talk over LTE, others.
- Understanding of the onboard mobile equipment digital hardware, including its maintainability, reliability and replacement process with mobile and fixed plant to facilitate operations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present to a diverse stakeholder audience ranging from mining or technology disciplines to generally interested parties.
- A true collaborator capable of building trustworthy relationships and proactively managing stakeholders’ experience, including contract reviews and mediation
OZ Minerals is a copper-focused, global, modern mining company based in South Australia. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100) OZ Minerals has a growth strategy focused on creating value for all stakeholders.
We are working towards being a great Modern Mining Company. The difference between good companies and great companies is their ability to align their people and execute their strategy. We value each employee and the unique contribution they bring to OZ Minerals. We’re excited to hear your ideas and the contribution you can make to helping us achieve our strategy. We also genuinely care, we care about our people, our environment, the heritage of the peoples we work with and the communities we operate in.
Unlock your potential and help us challenge the status quo, while doing the best work of your life. We want creative and passionate people on our team, who can go beyond what's possible to make lives better. What we do is centered around creating shared value for our stakeholders. And how we do things is what makes us unique. We know everyone's best work takes different shapes and forms, and we are committed to empowering and harnessing this difference. For us, development is continuous, learning is holistic, and How We Work Together is more than just a tagline.
Who are we? We are OZ Minerals, a modern mining company.
This is a significant leadership role with a modern mining company working on a major project.
It's an exciting and transformative time for us and we need creative, collaborative, leaders like you!
OZ Minerals is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible or call Graham Nutt for a confidential conversation on 0405 355 905.