Process Technician Level 3
Job Type: Full time
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100), we own the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine, are currently constructing the ~A$1b Carrapateena copper-gold operation, have operating and exploration holdings in Brazil; as well as a significant pipeline of project opportunities with exploration earn-ins and projects under study.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
At OZ Minerals Prominent Hill, we value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration. We are a mid-tier mining company so you will not get lost in the crowd or tangled in bureaucracy. Rather, we unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career.
About the Role:
Location: Prominent Hill
Roster: 8:6 / 7:7
Reporting to: Supervisor Production
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Pay & Benefits: We offer competitive Australian mining industry pay and benefits. We can talk about specifics later.
OZ Minerals is a copper-focused international company based in South Australia. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX150), we have a growth strategy focused on creating value for all stakeholders. We own and operate the copper-gold-silver mine at Prominent Hill and are developing one of Australia's largest copper-gold resources at Carrapateena. We are focused on creating a pipeline of opportunities. Our commitment to safety, capital discipline, and values underpin everything we do.
We are a modern mining company that adapts to our ever-changing environment, harnessing the innovative ideas of our people and collaborating to leverage the experience of those around us. As Australia's third-largest copper producer, with quality assets, a healthy cash balance, and no debt. We are ideally positioned for global growth.
The Processing Technician Level 3 position will support the processing team across Prominent Hill to ensure the effective delivery of the prominent hill roadmap growth strategy.
The primary purpose of this role is to Operate the Prominent Hill concentrate plant in a safe, efficient, and effective way by following procedures operating practices, and safe isolation methods. To be part of a multi-skilled and close-knit team aiming to achieve safe, cost-effective production.
The successful candidate will be an expert facilitator/problem solver using various tools to ensure that issues are solved entirely to their root cause.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of at least one of the following tickets - LF, LL, LS, LE.
- At least 2 to 3 years in a minerals processing operation
- Competent in the process of three plant areas.
- Exposure to crushing and grinding circuits
- Experience in pressure filtration
- Tails Dam operation
- Must work well in an agile, lean, and accountable team committed to achieving departmental strategic objectives.
- An ability to assist in developing a safe, environmental and cultural awareness across the shift
- Maintaining a high level of Environmental awareness and following all procedures.
Leaving hierarchy at the door, you will build relationships with stakeholders and focus relentlessly on collaboration.
Key Responsibilities (1of2):
The role will manage the day-to-day functions of a processing team, including its alignment and compliance with the work management processes and practices. Specifically, this includes:
- Operating the Copper concentrate plant in a safe, productive manner.
- Troubleshoot maintenance issues and liaise with electrical/mechanical/metallurgy teams and shift supervisor to rectify and minimise disruption to plant operation
- Complete shift logs for the area of responsibility, including all relevant information for effective handover
- Ensuring that pre-task risk assessment are completed before starting tasks
Key Responsibilities (2of2):
- Actively contribute to the planning and management of the work area
- Work within the shifts to achieve a high standard of housekeeping and general plant tidiness.
- Work with policies and practices and assist in updating these to ensure we are always doing the job in the safest and most efficient way.
- Ensure safe isolation of plant for work to be conducted
- Assist in the achievement of production KPIs and targets (e.g., Copper metal)
- Maintain quality output for the area of responsibility
- Reporting all safety hazards/risks and events according to site procedures promptly.
- Undertakes a schedule of safety/environmental/housekeeping inspections of the process plant, ensuring that corrective actions are raised/recorded and communicated to the shift supervisor
- Assist by ensuring that procedures and systems are up to date and used correctly.
The ideal candidate will thrive on innovation and seek new ideas from stakeholders to create value. You will be confident in bringing fresh thinking to old problems and will challenge the status quo for a future mine site.
If the above excites you and even makes you a little nervous, then we want you to apply! It's an exciting and transformative time for us, and we need creative, collaborative great people like you.
OZ Minerals is an equal-opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.