Location: Tighes Hill
Job Type: Full time
- Build HSE organisational capability in a business with a strong safety culture
- Strong executive backing to deliver world class HSE outcomes and on-going continuous improvement
- Permanent role with flexible location - Sydney or Brisbane
- National footprint
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and First Nations people to apply.
About the role
With an unwavering focus on prioritising safety above all else, we are seeking to appoint a HSE Manager responsible for providing safety leadership in support of creating a safety culture of excellence across Pacific National. Reporting to the Head of HSE, this key role will provide operational leaders with SME support in order to mitigate safety and environmental risk through the implementation of the business’ safety and environmental management systems. Leading a small team with a focus on the Coal business, this role constitutes a real opportunity for an experienced safety leader to join a team committed to elevating PN’s safety performance and culture to the next level.
Key responsibilities include:
- The efficient and effective delivery of all HSE services to stakeholders and the proactive management of all stakeholder relationships, including coaching and mentoring to improve safety and environmental performance
- Develop programs of work to reduce operational risk and improve safety performance
- Ensuring compliance with internal safety and environment controls, policies, standards and procedures
- Leading and managing a small team, building capability to enable support delivery of strategic objectives
- Driving a continuous improvement approach across the team, implementing opportunities to reduce overall cost and drive efficiencies including the realisation of benefits
- Ensuring customer focus is a key priority and is continually enhanced through the team's work practices
- Inspiring action for a whole of business view, driving the development and implementation of strategic initiatives to achieve great safety performance.
This role is suited to an experienced safety leader who has worked in a heavily regulated environment and successfully driven best practice and a step change in HSE performance.
In addition, the following skills, experience and attributes are required:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and practical application of relevant safety and environment legislation
- Strong people leadership skills and track record
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills including negotiation, facilitation and influencing
- Demonstrated success in generating creative solutions for stakeholders and a proven ability translating customer needs into new ways of working that deliver benefits
- Tertiary qualifications in business, health & safety, engineering or equivalent
- Certificate IV Work, Health and Safety or equivalent
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment or equivalent desirable
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Access to mentoring programs
- Opportunities to join our I&D employee committees
- Recognise, celebrate and achieve via our Achievers program
- Flexible working arrangements
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer at full pay following 12 months of service
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Provision of Salary Continuance Insurance
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more
- We are proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for women.
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, Share more, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with, and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
Applications close on 5th October, 2022.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Every Day – Pacific National’s top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.