Customer Service Manager
Location: Tighes Hill
Job Type: Full time
Customer Service Manager
- Leadership role to drive best practice customer success across Pacific National
- Permanent opportunity
- Lead and inspire an experienced and collaborative team
- Flexible location – Sydney or Brisbane
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and First Nations people to apply.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Commercial, Sales and Customer Bulk & IMEX, an opportunity exists for an experienced Customer Service Manager focused on delivering and driving best practices in customer service to Pacific National’s (PN’s) customers and within the business. With a strategy to optimise Bulk, Regional and IMEX operations, maximise contract yield and acquire new business, this is a critical role within the Commercial function and broader business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and embed engagement strategies between Operations and Customer Service teams to deliver customer contractual obligations in the Planning and Service Delivery environments, including the appropriate mechanisms for decision-making related to priorities when faced with constraints on service capability
- Manage collaboration forums and drive common and best customer service practices across the Sales and Customer Services teams
- Enable, drive and support development of the PN Customer Service Strategy
- Enhance the customer service performance across the Business Unit (BU) Sales and Customer services teams, and the Operations BU Act as an escalation point for customer complaints and resolve as required
- Drive customer and PN added value activities through leveraging customer service activities
- Monitor customer service performance and develop and deliver executable actions to drive improvements
- Ensure compliance with all contractual obligations related to reporting and meeting cadences across all customers, and ensure consistency and transparency of information for all stakeholders
- Enhance the quality of internal reporting related to performance for customers to all appropriate stakeholders, focussing on improving efficiency of processes to provide accurate and timely information when required
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Customer service / sales experience with proven experience delivering service improvements
- Outstanding managerial and motivational skills, including conflict resolution
- Strong analytical, planning & problem solving skills, and proven ability to summarise diverse sets of information to suit stakeholder audiences
- Exceptional communication skills across a range of stakeholders from Executive level to frontline employees
- Proven ability to select, engage, develop and retain a diverse range of employees across different business units
- An understanding of the rail haulage business
- Rail operational experience would be advantageous.
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Opportunities to join our I&D employee committees
- Recognise, celebrate and achieve via our Achievers program
- Access to mentoring programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer at full pay following 12 months of service
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Provision of Salary Continuance Insurance
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more
- We are proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for women.
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, Share more, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with, and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
Applications close on 6th October 2022.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Every Day – Pacific National’s top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.