Locomotive Reliability Manager
Location: Bar Beach
Job Type: Full time
Locomotive Reliability Manager
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
- Take ownership of Rollingstock Reliability within Pacific National
- Provide expertise and support to improve reliability across the fleet
- Permanent opportunity open to Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane locations
- Great leadership opportunity
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager locomotive Engineering and Maintenance, this position will have key accountability of ensuring technical performance of Pacific National locomotive fleets are met and exceeded.
The purpose of the Locomotive Reliability Manager is to analyse and monitor all aspects of locomotive performance and reliability, focusing on defining effective strategies targeted at improving overall reliability including managing obsolescence and supporting assets full life cycle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage reporting for the operational business units that identifies safety performance for the locomotive Fleet and any corrective actions required
- Accountable for ensuring all locomotive performance meets business needs in terms of safety, reliability, and availability
- Lead the management of locomotive faults and failures from service impact event to root cause identification and solution implementation
- Ensure that Reliability Centred Maintenance principles are applied and that locomotive maintenance practices are aligned to the safe, reliable, and cost-effective operation of the company’s locomotives.
- Provide detailed analysis to internal and external stakeholders to demonstrate key project milestones, forecast timeframes and align to the business needs and operational budget
- Implement and drive change management solutions to successfully integrate new processes into the team
To be successful in this role a high-level communication ability is essential, with verbal, written and interpersonal skills integral to overall success. You will need to demonstrate proven relationship management strengths, with clear evidence of your ability to build successful stakeholder relationships.
In addition, you’ll be expected to demonstrate:
- Relevant engineering qualifications
- Experience within the rail, transport and/or heavy industry valued
- Demonstrable experience working within defined timeframes and managing capital budgets
- Experience with the management of Locomotive reliability in a heavy haul context preferred
- In depth experience in data systems and analytical review
- Extensive experience in delivering performance improvements in complex business and contract models
- Exceptional ability to develop relationships and communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders, proactively providing technical advice and support
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative, and sustainable rail freight solutions.
Applications close 9th December 2022.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.