Service Delivery Coordinator
Location: North Sydney
Job Type: Full time
- Permanent opportunity
- Manage our BU haulage services from within the day of operations control function.
- North Sydney location, training provided!
- 12 hour rotating shifts, days/nights/weekend/public holidays (even time roster)
As a Service Delivery Coordinator, you will be based within our Integrated Planning Services team taking ownership for the safety of our people in the field, achieving production targets, by enabling the effective operation of plan, allocation of assets and train crew.
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Pacific National are looking for a Service Delivery Coordinator to execute the agreed schedule, monitor operations services, manage variation, and provide excellent customer service during the day of operations.
- Execute schedules and monitor services to meet safety and operational requirements.
- Manage changes to service plans, loading asset and resource allocations, customer requirements and impact of major disruptions.
- Ensure that all required systems are maintained to provide accurate information, communication, and reporting.
- Advise customer/logistics areas as per the agreed process of any service disruptions to ensure customer service and to enable alternative arrangements.
- Liaise with relevant teams regarding pathing, capacity and priority issues affecting service plans or delays caused by operational teams.
- Pursue opportunities to prevent cancellations, replace lost services and add additional services during the day of operations.
- Monitor and arrange for deployment of crews to meet operational demands at locations as required.
This position will work on our Lifestyle Roster, working a pattern of days and nights, with a block of days off at the end of each swing.
Employees on this roster enjoy two full weekends off out of four and will align to the following shift rotation: 2D2N5X, 2D3N4X, 3D2N5X. Shifts are 12 hours including handover and you will benefit from additional shift allowances.
- Must be able to do shift work – Pacific National operates 24/7.
- Previous logistics experience preferred.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team and build relationships for results.
- Ability to effectively use operational systems and to analyse data to optimise business efficiency.
- Critical Thinker to enable quick and efficient solutions during the day of operations plan.
- Time management skills to enable the effective management of deployment and resource allocation.
- Capacity to understand the relevant Enterprise Agreements, people issues and how they impact the business.
- High level of skill in providing clear and succinct information, verbally and written.
- Intermediate Computer skills.
- Ability to reach agreements and consensus despite differing goals and priorities.
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative, and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, share more, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Growth and career development, while gaining industry qualifications!
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer at full pay following 12 months of service.
- Provision of Salary Continuance Insurance
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more.
What We do!
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Applications close on 2nd February 2023
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.