Locomotive Maintenance Principal
Job Type: Full time
- Full Time Permanent opportunity
- Multiple locations (Sydney, Melbourne, or Newcastle)
- Play an important role facilitating and driving the implementation of improvement activities!
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall daily asset management of the locomotive fleet and be accountable for the delivery of efficient and cost-effective locomotive services through management of the maintenance contracts. You will take an active approach to ensure compliance and promote safety within the team and the locomotive maintenance provider sites. Working closely with stakeholders, you will review failure reports and determine actions to meet and exceed performance needs.
Accountabilities will include but not limited to:
- Point of escalation for conflict between stakeholders regarding maintenance activities and operational performance needs.
- Manage locomotive expenditure in accordance with the approved budgetary allocation.
- Liaise with relevant internal engineering stakeholders and maintenance providers to ensure locomotive configuration is maintained and adheres to the Pacific National change management process.
- Undertake the timely processing of invoices associated with maintenance Operational expenditure.
- Participate in and develop audit programs to ensure that the maintenance task is undertaken in accordance with the appropriate technical and rail standards.
- Share information across class and divisions to ensure support the improvement of locomotive performance across the wider PN businesses.
- Relevant tertiary or post-graduate qualifications in Technical or Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in asset maintenance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships and communicate with a diverse range of people internally and externally.
- Demonstrable contract management experience.
- Strong stakeholder management skills including negotiating, facilitation and influencing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Technical understanding of the assets and operational environment.
- Working knowledge of the rail industry, the rail legislation and rail safe working practices is advantageous.
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration, and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Access to mentoring programs.
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer at full pay following 12 months of service.
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
- Provision of Salary Continuance Insurance
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more.
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: safety, integrity, accountability and teamwork and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
Applications close on 8th February 2023
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Every Day - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.