Coal Locomotive Driver
Job Type: Full time
Locomotive Driver – Coal, Greta NSW
As Australia’s largest private rail freight operator, Pacific National operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. With a broad customer base situated across mainland Australia and operating in diverse industries, we transport a varied mix of general freight cargo, import/export goods, and bulk commodities.
We run up to 800 services for 340 customers each week, employ approximately 3,400 people and operate out of 70 terminals and depots across Australia.
Join our team as we continue to strive to become market leaders in logistic services that connect businesses and their markets across Australia.
We are seeking to hire several qualified Locomotive Drivers on a full-time basis for our Coal Business in the Hunter Region, based at our Greta Depot. The roles report into an Operations supervisor and will be working on a 24/7 roster.
The primary objective of a Locomotive Driver is to prepare, manage and operate locomotives and trains safely in accordance with their level of competency, safe working qualifications and established Pacific National’s operational procedures and agreements, in order to meet customer and operational requirements.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Proactively working towards and supporting the achievement of safety goals
- Working with key stakeholders to achieve efficient, high-quality service for Australian coal producers
- Provisioning and preparing locomotives for train operations including checking and testing control systems as well as preparing relevant compliance documentation
- Performing and maintaining locomotive train operations in accordance with specifications and procedures
- On-going commitment to behaving in line with our company values of Make it simple, share more, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it.
- Proven rail freight locomotive driving experience
- Qualified Locomotive Driver with a Cert 4 in Train Driving,
- Preferred route knowledge across both the Hunter Valley, Gunnedah Basin and Ulan networks
- You will display a high regard for safety Above all else, prioritising safety, so everyone can go home safely every day
- You will demonstrate a positive and supportive attitude when working within a team environment
- Preferred competent with the operation of ECP, Wired distributed Power (WDP), and AC traction locomotives
- Have a solid understanding of SPAD mitigation and in cab behaviours
- Willingness to undertake ongoing training and development activities is a must
- A current motor vehicle licence required
- You must be available and flexible to work a 24/7 roster that includes both local working and barracks working
- You will show a commitment to being curious to benefit the safety, wellbeing and continuous improvement of the workplace
Our culture embraces diversity and flexible work options. Working for us will put you in a strategic position with your career, with opportunities for growth and development along with financial and nonfinancial benefits, such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are seeking applicants who share our values. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with, and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 17th June 2023
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about careers with us, our benefits, and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers